Avanti first class

Only thing you get on a Sunday is a little box of crackers and help yourself to the water. Used to use it going to and from Glasgow to Manchester a lot. Was 15 for weekend upgrade. Worth it for the free wifi and not having a load of scrotes sat by you if nothing else.

Or they could say they did not have a snob sat near them

Or they could say they did not have a snob sat near them
That would work as well Mayo - being a Langley lad I’m far from a snob but the Manchester to Glasgow train on a weekend did seem to have a special kind of scrote.
Don’t take offence.

That would work as well Mayo - being a Langley lad I’m far from a snob but the Manchester to Glasgow train on a weekend did seem to have a special kind of scrote.
Don’t take offence.

I am a Langley lad also so as you may know it takes a lot to offend us.

Were these people scrotes or simply excited

I am a Langley lad also so as you may know it takes a lot to offend us.

Were these people scrotes or simply excited
The bottles of buckfast and cans of tennants super leads me to believe the former.

Currently Avanti is Virgin in disguise. The staff even have the same uniforms.

I saw a few trains at Piccadilly some months ago without any livery or colours - I suspect they were getting ready for the switch over, and the lounge at Piccadilly had had a makeover that was absent of any Virgin insignia. It's railway/government sleight of hand - there was nothing wrong with the service that Virgin provided but I suspect Branson hadn't tipped thousands into Tory coffers and so it was time for the boot!

when i booked our train tickets for wembley v villa,believe it or not man-euston was cheaper first class than standard,so i booked it,coming home on the monday we are standard class.My sister has since told me you can go in the first class lounge at picadilly and get freebies,but also you get food and drink once on the train.
anyone travelled before first class and know what you get ?

The answer is yes on both counts .... going out you can use the lounge where you will get tea / coffee / biscuits etc. On the train you will get sandwiches , tea , coffee , beer etc all free (no limits). Coming back if youre on standard you dont get any of this ... (at least that is what they did when it was Virgin )

I saw a few trains at Piccadilly some months ago without any livery or colours - I suspect they were getting ready for the switch over, and the lounge at Piccadilly had had a makeover that was absent of any Virgin insignia. It's railway/government sleight of hand - there was nothing wrong with the service that Virgin provided but I suspect Branson hadn't tipped thousands into Tory coffers and so it was time for the boot!
You’re right
I travel up and down the country via train and Virgin are by far the most relatable and best service.
Cross country first class is a fucking joke and a lot more expensive. Although Arriva really took the biscuit as they charge for first class and don’t have any first class compartments!

when i booked our train tickets for wembley v villa,believe it or not man-euston was cheaper first class than standard,so i booked it,coming home on the monday we are standard class.My sister has since told me you can go in the first class lounge at picadilly and get freebies,but also you get food and drink once on the train.
anyone travelled before first class and know what you get ?
Are you going sat or sun ? did first class for the Liverpool final on the Sunday it was still mayhem people sat on tables in luggage racks
Got a full refund but wasn’t the experience we expected in 1st class
Driven ever since !!!

Are you going sat or sun ? did first class for the Liverpool final on the Sunday it was still mayhem people sat on tables in luggage racks
Got a full refund but wasn’t the experience we expected in 1st class
Driven ever since !!!
We r going sunday 11.15 train
Never done first class before
We go every final on the train and have never had a problem going its coming back thats always been over crowded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.