Avanti first class

You’re right
I travel up and down the country via train and Virgin are by far the most relatable and best service.
Cross country first class is a fucking joke and a lot more expensive. Although Arriva really took the biscuit as they charge for first class and don’t have any first class compartments!

Cross Country took over from Virgin. Prices doubled, coach numbers halved.

The service on a weekday is different to weekend.
Weekday service is breakfast till about 10, then brunch till 12 when they begin the lunch menu. After 5 you get the dinner menu.
Alcohol is served weekdays from 11 until the last train.

Weekend is pretty poor in comparison.
A snack box and tea/coffee is served. They’ve even stopped the hot chocolate.

You’ll be able to use the first class lounge in Manchester for up to two hours before travel. They have tea/coffee machine and snacks.
The lounge in Euston serves alcohol, paid. You can go in there for an hour after arrival.

Coming back midweek after a game at Chelsea we got the 11pm train back. The guy serving the drinks got chatting to us and ended up leaving the drinks trolley with us to help ourselves.
Unfortunately it was my turn to drive so the Mrs had nearly three uninterrupted hours of free gin and tonics
Are they still doing the 20% of for ST holders, do you know? I’ve found a link that says they are and clicked it but the prices are jyst the same as non-discounted. If you then go to their ‘normal’ website they have a drop down for railcards and ‘Season discount holder’ is there but when selecting it the price stays the same. Cheers in advance.

Are they still doing the 20% of for ST holders, do you know? I’ve found a link that says they are and clicked it but the prices are jyst the same as non-discounted. If you then go to their ‘normal’ website they have a drop down for railcards and ‘Season discount holder’ is there but when selecting it the price stays the same. Cheers in advance.
@didsburyblu uses them regularly
I’ve never worked it out either.
However we have a two together card which gives a bigger discount

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/mancity

They are. I use them regularly and yes it’s not easy to find on the app but if you try the above link or search for ‘Avanti Manchester City’ you should be able to access the discount link. Not just ST holders either, as far as I can tell it’s if you are a Cityzens member too. If you use the trains with your other half a lot though the ‘two together’ railcard is well worth it and gets you a third off.

Last edited by a moderator:

They are. I use them regularly and yes it’s not easy to find on the app but if you try the above link or search for ‘Avanti Manchester City’ you should be able to access the discount link. Not just ST holders either, as far as I can tell it’s if you are a Cityzens member too. If you use the trains with your other half a lot though the ‘two together’ railcard is well worth it and gets you a third off.
When you follow that link the prices are exactly the same as the non-discounted adult fares, no 20% off. When I used to do it with Virgin you had to put ST number in first. Nothing to put in with this one and no discount appearing.

They are. I use them regularly and yes it’s not easy to find on the app but if you try the above link or search for ‘Avanti Manchester City’ you should be able to access the discount link. Not just ST holders either, as far as I can tell it’s if you are a Cityzens member too.
My experience so far is yes they are still doing it, but good luck getting it.

The trains I've booked so far have had virtually no 20% discounts (thought its a small sample size so far), I think I might have got the chance of one for the Madrid game returning the next day, but only in first class, not standard, and it was more anyway. I'm travelling from Milton Keynes not Euston, and it seems the MK trains generally have 1 or 2 carriages less than others.

Anyone expecting the discount for a London away game (or wembley) expect to be disappointed, unless well away from the "there and back for the match" times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.