Avanti Trains (match day travel from the South East)

Yeh, checked. London Midland are now West Midlands Railways and their prices have skyrocketed as well
No, its london northwestern railway, still online as far as I can see..its the same line as avanti but stops at Crewe..hope it helps..have just checked, they exist still but the prices are crazy..could get a ticket 9 quid each way from Euston to Crewe a year ago..now 60 quid is the lowest.. guess they put the prices up to cover the fewer passengers..Covid has screwed travel..was prepared to get a seasoncard for the first time, but even my mates with seasoncards have had enough, and so cant be arsed travelling up alone.Splitting Kent to City four ways is fine, but alone ,not a journey I wish to make.Not even the money, its the company and banter.

Train prices are crazy at the moment. Can only think it’s down to only half filling the trains for social distancing. Normally if I pay more than £60 return from Barrow to London then I’m not happy but this week I’ve had to pay £120 twice for the England games. I’m hoping by next Season we will be out of the last stage of lockdown and things will get back to normal.

Train prices are crazy at the moment. Can only think it’s down to only half filling the trains for social distancing. Normally if I pay more than £60 return from Barrow to London then I’m not happy but this week I’ve had to pay £120 twice for the England games. I’m hoping by next Season we will be out of the last stage of lockdown and things will get back to normal.
Also a lot less trains, nothing Preston to London in July on a Saturday.

It's always worth trying a split ticketing website for railfares.

I usually save around 30% on rail fares to/from London by using a split ticket, sometimes more.
Ye works best when there’s loads of stops
I.e Bournemouth/Southampton trips we saved a fortune
London only stops at Stoke poss one other depending on which train you pick

I’ve also saved loads with a friends and fam railcard but the lads 17 now so that’s out of action

2together card next season gets us a third off

Going back many moons ago when I lived in Kent for five years I joined the London supporters club. They did group travel for a reduced price, I think you needed fifteen people traveling together to qualify. This was from Euston to Manchester. Of course the cost getting to London was extra. I have no idea if this facility still exists but it may be worth looking at if people get together.

Going back many moons ago when I lived in Kent for five years I joined the London supporters club. They did group travel for a reduced price, I think you needed fifteen people traveling together to qualify. This was from Euston to Manchester. Of course the cost getting to London was extra. I have no idea if this facility still exists but it may be worth looking at if people get together.

I’m in the London Branch. They still do a group travel, but you get next to sod all in the way of discount. Virgin pulled the plug on that 4 or 5 years ago, on the grounds that they could fill the Saturday trains without football supporters and therefore had no incentive to give us a discount. We used to get a quarter off in the olden days

I’m in the London Branch. They still do a group travel, but you get next to sod all in the way of discount. Virgin pulled the plug on that 4 or 5 years ago, on the grounds that they could fill the Saturday trains without football supporters and therefore had no incentive to give us a discount. We used to get a quarter off in the olden days

I was in it around 1988/92, Tina Robinson ran it I think. The discount was welcome but I had the extra cost of a Dover to London return to add on. I certainly couldn't do it now I moan about traveling from Altrincham lol.

Tina’s still in the Branch!

Pleased to hear it. She put me in touch with Frank Newton who got me a ticket for the Bradford promotion game.

The journey now would be a lot quicker with the fast train from Dover to St Pancreas and a good 30 minutes also shaved off the Euston to Manchester journey from the old days

Flying might be a cheaper option but you do have the hassle and cost of getting to and from the various airports.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.