AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

Re: AVB Sacked

Glory Glory's piss funny, half of them want Hoddle, a quarter of them don't, a quarter think AVB never had long enough and a quarter are convinced Baldini will be boss.

supercity88 said:
A ridiculous decision. Football has become such a short term game. Spurs are in the mix. They sold their star man and have bought well. You cannot deny that. Soldado is a good player, so is Paulinho, and Lamela and Erikson. They have to settle and answer their critics and find their style of play but they will improve. Despite having Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko etc we struggled to break teams down and score for long periods of time. They have the players, and they have a decent manager. Given time he would have improved results. I believe that if spuds had have lost 1-0 in both games he would still be in a job. Oh well. Will just cause more set backs for them I am sure. Wonder who will be on their radar.

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about imo. I'm not sure how often you watch Spurs games but I watch every game we play, sometimes multiple times, and I look for signs of improvement or anything changing. I also have an idea of AVB's mindset and what goes on in training. Unfortunately it's become quite obvious that it's not going to improve significantly.

As for who is on our radar, I think it will be a short term appointment (till the end of the season) of Sherwood or Capello.

supercity88 said:
A ridiculous decision. Football has become such a short term game. Spurs are in the mix. They sold their star man and have bought well. You cannot deny that. Soldado is a good player, so is Paulinho, and Lamela and Erikson. They have to settle and answer their critics and find their style of play but they will improve. Despite having Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko etc we struggled to break teams down and score for long periods of time. They have the players, and they have a decent manager. Given time he would have improved results. I believe that if spuds had have lost 1-0 in both games he would still be in a job. Oh well. Will just cause more set backs for them I am sure. Wonder who will be on their radar.
Laudrup

They lost 1 player. And replaced him with 6 others. It's like he couldn't have bedded these players in slowly over time with a defensive approach.

Kun Aguero said:
Glory Glory's piss funny, half of them want Hoddle, a quarter of them don't, a quarter think AVB never had long enough and a quarter are convinced Baldini will be boss.

i hope the new manager at spurs is as crap as the maths in that post..... jokes..

Steve Clarke?

GHoddle said:
supercity88 said:

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about imo. I'm not sure how often you watch Spurs games but I watch every game we play, sometimes multiple times, and I look for signs of improvement or anything changing. I also have an idea of AVB's mindset and what goes on in training. Unfortunately it's become quite obvious that it's not going to improve significantly.

As for who is on our radar, I think it will be a short term appointment (till the end of the season) of Sherwood or Capello.

its going to be hard finding the right man, most of the top men for the job are at teams still in the CL, before we got pelligrini, i wanted kloop or simione knowing we wouldnt get pepe. if i was you i`d be tempted to go for pochettino

-- Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:56 am --

r.soleofsalford said:
GHoddle said:
supercity88 said:

its going to be hard finding the right man, most of the top men for the job are at teams still in the CL, before we got pelligrini, i wanted kloop or simione knowing we wouldnt get pepe. if i was you i`d be tempted to go for pochettino

r.soleofsalford said:

I like Pochettino, I'm pretty sure it will be a short term appointment, and my guess is either Sherwood or Capello. But we'll see.

I really don't want Laudrup but he's a possibility.

AVB has a little (not much) sympathy from me. Bale was sold, and a lot of players were purchased, but you get the impression AVB wasn't exactly in control of who exactly they were signing. They are overloaded with midfielders, they could field 3 teams of them, but are short upfront, and at the back (especially left back). Plus those players signed don't readily fit into the formations, and with the tactics, AVB wanted to employ. All that being said, however, AVB was stunningly stubborn in his attempts to shoehorn players into his plans rather than come up with a way of utilising them best. Soldado is thye worst victim of all of this. A regular scorer in Spain, but one who is very much like Lineker was. Get it in the box and he'll score, but don't ask him to play with his back to goal, on his own, 25 yards from the net, and hold the ball up. Ultimately it's AVB's fault here, and after the humiliation he suffered at the Etihad there's no way he could survive Liverpool's mauling them at White Hart Lane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.