AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Blue Hefner said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Sugar's a shit house.

What did he say?

Basically that AVB alone was responsible for the summer signings and that David (Levy) nor their director of football are not to bare any blame.

AVB agreed to work with a director of football. No sympathy now he complains about it now he's sacked.

I think it was a hasty decision. The football has been poor though this season and spurs are in a similar place to us when we got rid of Hughes.

malg said:
Knee jerk decision.

I am not so sure, on paper they should have been able to give Liverpool a game of it, the same when they played us it just seems to me that he was pretty clueless when it came to tactics, it was the easiest away game that Liverpool had. Add that to the fact that they just could not score any goals, remember Hull beat Liverpool and you would expect Spuds at home to be more than a match

Saying all that I have always felt a bit sorry for him, he cut a forlorn figure of a man, he needs to go back to Portugal or a less competitive league and get some more experience, perhaps he would make a good assistant to a much more experienced manager

Sad to see him leave.

[bigimg]http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/153041539-tottenham-hotspurs-portuguese-manager-andre-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QcvgaxKfECeZMaNrADmvkX4wffyxw7gn26s%2fHenAdJ5myjy0cFoQBMft3iuLsdyCzA%3d%3d[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/153041566-tottenham-hotspur-manager-andre-villas-boas-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QduuzlG86TZJhC2jRX%2f%2fVpxPzp5q0kmV6sfdkJzBk%2fb88za1Bt3KWkMFtERjl1sSHA%3d%3d[/bigimg]

Marvin said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Blue Hefner said:
What did he say?

Basically that AVB alone was responsible for the summer signings and that David (Levy) nor their director of football are not to bare any blame.
If that's true then he deserves the sack. I thought it was Levy and his DOF that chose the players, especially given the Lamela, Baldini, Roma triangle so I was a bit sympathetic towards AVB.

I think the key bit is 'If that's true...'

No fan of AVB but the idea that AVB alone was responsible for the summer signings is beyond ludicrous.

As for AVB. Well at Chelsea when the pressure mounted he imploded. At Spurs when the pressure mounted he imploded.

Kind of seeing a pattern here...

BobKowalski said:
Marvin said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
If that's true then he deserves the sack. I thought it was Levy and his DOF that chose the players, especially given the Lamela, Baldini, Roma triangle so I was a bit sympathetic towards AVB.

I think the key bit is 'If that's true...'

No fan of AVB but the idea that AVB alone was responsible for the summer signings is beyond ludicrous.

As for AVB. Well at Chelsea when the pressure mounted he imploded. At Spurs when the pressure mounted he imploded.

Kind of seeing a pattern here...
Yep ludicrous is the word.

I am sure last year he was ecstatic when he chose Dempsey over his midfield general Moutinho at Porto. I am sure it was all AVB, who refused to pay the money for Hulk and instead went for Lamela. I mean it's not like he worked brilliantly with Hulk in the past, but Baldini the ex-Roma man had nothing to do with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.