Average Players???????

city-till-i-cry

There are far too many average players at the club! And were not going to progress very much with these players in our starting line up.

In my opinion all these need to go or just be a squad player for us next season-

Toure (Not demanding enough)
Garrido (Shouldnt be within walking distance of the club)
Swp (Way past it, need to get rid)
Cruz (Cant hold the ball,doesnt win enough headers, too slow and cant shoot)
Ireland (Possibly a one season wonder)

De Jong (Good but doesnt offer us anything else other than his tackles)
Zab (Not bad, more of a squad player though)

I thought the big spending window was over but looks like were gona have to break the bank again!

Need a LB, CB and RB.
Need a LM, RM and creative center mid
Need a ST

Think Zab is an unsung hero to be honest!!

Gives his all wherever he is asked to play uses both feet and adapts to his new positions on the field effortlessly.

Sadly, it seems to be the academy players that are letting us down at the mo;-
SWP .. in a run of shocking form and his top form is only just good enough.
Ireland.. seems devoid of all confidence.
Richards .. not a footballer in my opinion, caught out of position too often, can't read the game, daydreams and no skill whatsoever.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Think Zab is an unsung hero to be honest!!

Gives his all wherever he is asked to play uses both feet and adapts to his new positions on the field effortlessly.

Yeah maybe Zab was a bit harsh. Very Versatile and good to have in team/squad

Where did you get the impression from that the big spending was over? If anything the fact we spent little in Winter shows the summer will be a spending spree again, with whoever is in charge given enough to do what he wants with. The difference this summer though will be it will be a revolving door, with many going out.

Not a bad post, but I can't agree with having De Jong on that list. The guy is quality and when the manager has his players in, De Jong will be pivotel in his team.

I would get rid of Toure, SWP and Garrido for starters. None of them are fit to wear the shirt, in my view.
Can't judge RSC because he never actually plays for any prolonged period of time.
Richards...I'm just not convinced.

Pigeonho said:
Where did you get the impression from that the big spending was over? If anything the fact we spent little in Winter shows the summer will be a spending spree again, with whoever is in charge given enough to do what he wants with. The difference this summer though will be it will be a revolving door, with many going out.

Not a bad post, but I can't agree with having De Jong on that list. The guy is quality and when the manager has his players in, De Jong will be pivotel in his team.

Agree with that Pigeonho. Put a couple of more mobile/creative midfielders alongside him and watch us go. I am fascinated to see who RM is going to bring in. I reckon a right back and a dominating centre back will also be high on his agenda. Further forward I think we are quite well covered with Bellamy, Tevez, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, RSC(if fit).

de jong is quality...i'm obviously watching a different game....he's shocking....it's like playing with ten men in the side....and as for his tackling...great sliding one where he didn't come away with the ball, another two footed one which ended in a booking...the fundamental part of his game, tackling which everyone raves about, well for me he can't even tackle.

Unless he starts every game on the bench, we'll get nowhere near 4th

KentBlue said:
I would get rid of Toure, SWP and Garrido for starters. None of them are fit to wear the shirt, in my view.
Can't judge RSC because he never actually plays for any prolonged period of time.

Garrido's just back up, so unless his contract is up i'd keep him around.

Toure though, well he can fuck off. Absolute shite. Just goes to show Wenger is the master when it comes to getting rid. I can't think of one outgoing Arsenal player who has proven him wrong to get rid, and whilst Adebayor has had a half-decent first season, he has got himself suspended for 8 games through his own stupidity, and he was meant to be our main dude this year. Anelka.... well he has cost alot of money but has only really found a home with Chelsea, and he made Arsenal a whopping great profit. Wenger knows when to get rid and next time, I think we'd be best just realising that if Wenger wants a player out, it means he isn't good enough.

Pigeonho said:
KentBlue said:

Garrido's just back up, so unless his contract is up i'd keep him around.

Toure though, well he can fuck off. Absolute shite. Just goes to show Wenger is the master when it comes to getting rid. I can't think of one outgoing Arsenal player who has proven him wrong to get rid, and whilst Adebayor has had a half-decent first season, he has got himself suspended for 8 games through his own stupidity, and he was meant to be our main dude this year. Anelka.... well he has cost alot of money but has only really found a home with Chelsea, and he made Arsenal a whopping great profit. Wenger knows when to get rid and next time, I think we'd be best just realising that if Wenger wants a player out, it means he isn't good enough.

Think this point has ben made before to which I answer Ashley Cole an what have Arsenal won in the last 4 years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.