Average speed cameras

laserblue

Has anyone ever been caught by one of these or know, or even heard of, someone else who was caught? I do a fair bit of motorway driving and, along with most other drivers, when driving through a roadworks with a 50 limit and average speed camera I slow down to a steady 50, generally in the inside lane. However, there are plenty of cars, vans and even lorries that whizz past doing a steady 60-70. Are these drivers just stupid or do they know that the cameras either don't work or are set up only to catch vehicles doing even higher speeds?

Note to smart arses. I've heard the one about there should be really good speed cameras rather than average speed cameras ;)

Living in and around the M25 M4 M3 etc I have encountered a good many of these, I can honestly say though that I have never been caught and I do exceed the limit now and then. My boss reckon that if you swap lanes a few time they cannot catch you but I cant see evasion being that easy, never met anyone who has had a ticket from these, strange, they must be active, that said, doing more than 10 mph on the M25 is an extremely rare occurrence.

Missus BJLJ has had course to discipline drivers getting fines from these type of cameras, so yes, they do work, no point in trying it on with them I reckon.

Edit - just quizzed her and about 8 techs been caught on the M62 and M1 in the last year, slowest recorded doing 58 mph, highest 66 - so there you go,

most near me don't work as they have all been vandalised the paint pot scallys come out around midnight and chuck paint over them then the guy comes in the van and changes the glass then the scallys come out again, there is one 200 yds from my house and some fecker put a tyre around the arm of it and set fire to it

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/roundup/articles/2012/04/27/427820-more-than-3000-caught-speeding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/ro ... -speeding/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1183529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1183529</a>

I know of noone being caught out by these and I know a number of people who do a lot of miles, myself included.

The A1 heading north from the end of the M1 junction had these on for about 9 months last year while they were widening the road, and although I drove it fairly regularly, I never got a ticket. I used to set my speed at 50mph to start with, and was almost the slowest on the road, so bit by bit edged up with each journey, but bottled it at 56mph. Still didn't get a ticket, and still got overtaken quite a bit.

laserblue said:
Has anyone ever been caught by one of these or know, or even heard of, someone else who was caught? I do a fair bit of motorway driving and, along with most other drivers, when driving through a roadworks with a 50 limit and average speed camera I slow down to a steady 50, generally in the inside lane. However, there are plenty of cars, vans and even lorries that whizz past doing a steady 60-70. Are these drivers just stupid or do they know that the cameras either don't work or are set up only to catch vehicles doing even higher speeds?

Note to smart arses. I've heard the one about there should be really good speed cameras rather than average speed cameras ;)

Yes, yes they are.

Blue Til Death said:
Living in and around the M25 M4 M3 etc I have encountered a good many of these, I can honestly say though that I have never been caught and I do exceed the limit now and then. My boss reckon that if you swap lanes a few time they cannot catch you but I cant see evasion being that easy, never met anyone who has had a ticket from these, strange, they must be active, that said, doing more than 10 mph on the M25 is an extremely rare occurrence.

I live down the M3 so go past these every day. apparently the changing lane trick doesn't work anymore and normally I stick to 50mph as these are permanent cameras. having said that, I don't always stick exactly to the limit and haven't been caught.

I've been caught on the Specs camera's on the other side of Stocksbridge (near Sheffield) and a Mobile Engineer was caught two days running on the ones at the Bredbury bend on the M60. All three were for doing over 70 in a 50 zone so I think the trigger point must be somewhere around 60 as I've been through the Bredbury one myself a few times just below 60 & not been caught.

Funniest was the Rep at work who was caught driving down the same bus lane five times in one week, all in the morning on the way to work!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.