Avro museum at Woodford (ex aerodrome)

JASR

I went to the museum today.

Really good.

Gorgeous Vulcan parked outside. 3 cockpit chats available (pay extra) - Lancaster cut off replica, Vulcan cut off, VC10 cutoff. (I think there’s a nimrod cut off as well, but wasn’t available)
‘simple’ flight simulator.
VR experience of a Lancaster bomber raid.
Lots of models and details about Avro products.
C12F1C4D-E350-4082-B964-5993848B4545.jpeg
The staff (all volunteers) were marvellous, and most seemed to have worked on the site.

It was odd driving through the (still being built) housing estate to get to it. But lovely to see the Vulcan - fond memories of it banking over the crowd at air show in my youth there.

I went to the museum today.

Really good.

Gorgeous Vulcan parked outside. 3 cockpit chats available (pay extra) - Lancaster cut off replica, Vulcan cut off, VC10 cutoff. (I think there’s a nimrod cut off as well, but wasn’t available)
‘simple’ flight simulator.
VR experience of a Lancaster bomber raid.
Lots of models and details about Avro products.
View attachment 58184
The staff (all volunteers) were marvellous, and most seemed to have worked on the site.

It was odd driving through the (still being built) housing estate to get to it. But lovely to see the Vulcan - fond memories of it banking over the crowd at air show in my youth there.
you should have gone in the thieves neck for lunch, great steak and kidney pie

Didn’t know there is a museum there! Used to go to the air show in the 70s and loved it. First time I flew in a plane on a pleasure flight there. Good times!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.