Away fans in home end again

Past 2 seasons I've had a elderly gentlemen sit behind me lambasting Pep (and previously Pellegrini), calling him clueless, also having a pop at the Barcelona boys. I wouldn't mind if it was constructive criticism but it's just 45 mins of whining. In order to nip it in the bud for the forthcoming season I asked him at half time "why do you bother coming", "why don't you support the team", his response was "I'm entitled to my opinion". I said fair, "but at least be constructive". He left his seat and never came back for the 2H. Personally, I hope he turns up for the Liverpool game and starts supporting the team, some how I don't think it will happen.

Last edited:
Many are missing the point, he has paid £870 for his season ticket in the home end only to find he has away fans sat in front over him for many games of the season.
Not an ideal situation at all.

I'll happily give you any advice I can mate but I feel very strongly that, as football fans, we've allowed ourselves to be criminalised by the authorities. We've even been complicit in that process. 99% of fans, whoever they support, are decent people. Why can I go to Murrayfield and sit with a load of Scottish rugby fans, cheer England yet have a good laugh and friendly banter with them? Even have a drink.

This all day long mate - I go and watch a lot of cricket matches - following Lancs and International matches. Love mixing with opposing fans, having a drink and some friendly banter. Unfortunately this is where football is still stuck in the dark ages - Too tribal

I have sat in the home end watching City at away matches scores of times ove the years. I would have no problem at all sitting next to away fans if they follow the rules and don't take the piss. It's 2017 not 1977.

Past 2 seasons I've had a elderly gentlemen sit behind me lambasting Pep (and previously Pellegrini), calling him clueless, also having a pop at the Barcelona boys. I wouldn't mind if it was constructive criticism but it's just 45 mins of whining. In order to nip in the bud for the forthcoming season I asked him at half time "why do you bother coming", "why don't you support the team", his response was "I'm entitled to my opinion". I said fair, "but at least be constructive". He left his seat and never came back for the 2H. Personally, I hope he turns up for the Liverpool game and starts supporting the team, some how I don't thing it will happen.

good on you for asking him mate

The amount he has paid has nothing to do with it.

The terms and condition of sale have 'something to do with it' and they are quite clear. Away fans are not allowed to buy tickets for the home end.

The club encourage stewards to turn a blind eye as long as the offending fans are not misbehaving. They do this to maximise income.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.