Away Form for Top 6

blueinbolton77

One away match out of the way. We've now achieved 50% of what we did last year away!! Which is good, given that we also did it in what was a difficult match.

If we keep the same home form as last year, and win 4 more away, then we'd have finished in 5th position in 2008/2009. I'm confident we will be picking up more than just 4 victories away, so it looks good.

What impressed me was the fact we looked comfortable in battle away from home, with a backbone of players who are used to thinking "We can always score one more whether we're at home or away!"

I just hope we don't think Wolves are a walk over, and let it slip!!

blueinbolton77 said:
One away match out of the way. We've now achieved 50% of what we did last year away!! Which is good, given that we also did it in what was a difficult match.

If we keep the same home form as last year, and win 4 more away, then we'd have finished in 5th position in 2008/2009. I'm confident we will be picking up more than just 4 victories away, so it looks good.

What impressed me was the fact we looked comfortable in battle away from home, with a backbone of players who are used to thinking "We can always score one more whether we're at home or away!"

hope you are right, also can't see us dropping as many points at home i.e. dippers,spuds and fulham(<can't wait to beat these twats)

I thought the fitness of the team was superb aswell and it showed in the last 10 mins when we were counter attacking with great pace, this could be a vital factor this season if the work ethic is kept at this level.

We "should" be able to pick up 6 or 7 wins on the road. Couple that with, say, 5 draws; that would give us 23 or 26 points away from COMS, compared to 11 last season (2 wins and 5 draws). If we can match our home form again (39 points) that would give us a total of 65 points which would have been good enough for 5th last season.

jimharri said:
We "should" be able to pick up 6 or 7 wins on the road. Couple that with, say, 5 draws; that would give us 23 or 26 points away from COMS, compared to 11 last season (2 wins and 5 draws). If we can match our home form again (39 points) that would give us a total of 65 points which would have been good enough for 5th last season.

This really puts into context how far we could go this season. Even an average (for this squad) performance on the road should give us a points total in the 60s. If we achieve to our maximum potential...look out!

However, I reckon Spurs, too, will achieve a total somewhere in the 60s, so that will definitely be the required amount for 5th. Everton and Villa will get less points than last year in my opinion though so I guess it balances out.

Braggster said:
jimharri said:

This really puts into context how far we could go this season. Even an average (for this squad) performance on the road should give us a points total in the 60s. If we achieve to our maximum potential...look out!

However, I reckon Spurs, too, will achieve a total somewhere in the 60s, so that will definitely be the required amount for 5th. Everton and Villa will get less points than last year in my opinion though so I guess it balances out.
Good shout re. Spuds. Much as I hate the twunts, they looked very impressive yesterday in outplaying the dippers.

much as we njoyed sat victory at blackburn lets not get carried away. yes its an achievment but lets be careful. performance ws solid. 3 points we got n lets look to the wolves game now. will be a hard game. 3 points again is wats needed regardless of performance levels. there are tough games ahead. keep smiling for sure!

blueinbolton77 said:

good maths blueinbolton but to add to that if we win those 4 games and two of them would have been arsenal how about us just missing out on champions lge by goals, weird but true!!

5th Place Last 4 seasons

08/09 Everton - 63pts
07/08 Everton - 65pts
06/07 Tottenham - 60pts
05/06 Tottenham - 65pts

4th Place Last 4 Seasons

08/09 Arsenal - 72pts
07/08 Liverpool - 76pts
06/07 Arsenal - 68pts
05/06 Arsenal - 67pts

3rd Place Last 4 Seasons

08/09 Chelsea - 83pts
07/08 Arsenal - 83pts
06/07 Liverpool - 68pts
05/06 Liverpool - 82pts

2nd Place Last 4 Seasons

08/09 Liverpool - 86pts
07/08 Chelsea - 85pts
06/07 Chelsea - 83pts
05/06 United - 83pts

1st Place Last 4 Seasons

08/09 United - 90pts
07/08 United - 87pts
06/07 United - 89pts
05/06 Chelsea - 91pts

So, going of averages,
5th - we will need 63pts
4th - we will need 71pts
3rd - we will need 79pts
2nd - we will need 85pts
1st - we will need 89pts

Simples

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.