Away goals rule in European competitions

Away goals rule is shit. It was brought to push visiting teams o play more football but now we have home teams playing less football, specially in first game, because conceding at home is shit.

Away goal rules at extra time is ridiculous. It gives a team who play at home first a chance to have 120 minutes of away goals advantage, over 90 goals for team that played first away.

They shouldn't be valued more,all teams know they have to score more than the other side,football is a simple game made more complicated to sell the product

European Champions 14 games 4 lost not even champions of their domestic league Awarded a dubious penalty in the final lowest procession for a winner of the final of the ECL Many other teams found it not so difficult to score away from home If you are so keen on this stupid away goal rule and value them so much then let’s have it in the PL[/QUOTE]
I think the quotes have got mixed up,i didn't say about goals being harder to score away,happened to me on this thread earlier when i quoted someone else,i hate the rule,it's not needed

Edit,happened again

Should be scrapping this shit rule. Especially with no supporters in the stands, makes it seem ever more ridiculous.

I like the away goals rule, adds some nice tension to the CL.
If the away goals rule is to stand, then extra time should be scrapped.

Not only because there are already too many injuries in football and 30 extra minutes increases to the chances of them happening as footballers are now, more than ever, very refined athletes who are trained to play for 90minutes, not 120... but also because extra time gives the team away from home in the second leg 30 extra minutes to get any away goals needed that the other team can never get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.