Away tickets

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ardwick Green Blue, 19 Jan 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GXCity

GXCity

Introduce a 5 year rolling point system. That way the high points guys are still at the front one the queue at the start of the system but people can catch up by going to the less glamorous midweek games...and gives everyone the opportunity to move up IF they dedicate themselves

2. urban genie

urban genie

It's simple make it years+ points

As the biggest con was platimun and has completely fucked up the loyalty point system, people on platimum who have been going 9 years can have double those that have been going 20 years, all by buying loyalty basically.

I went platinum first time but realised what a con, I know a lad got his first SC 9 years ago been platinum all that time and his points total is near same as mine, so imagine those who were already SC holders overtaking peole with 30 years on them.

SC holders longer than 10 years with more than 15000 points first

SC holders longer than 5 years with more than 15000 points next

SC holders longer than 10 years with more than 5000 points third

SC holders longer than 5 years with more than 5000 points last

All other SC holders after

Last edited: 27 Apr 2019
    UUJblue and Thx_to_Neil_Young like this.
  3. Scareye

Scareye

There is hardly a word or phrase on your post I agree with. We will have to agree to disagree.

4. liamctid

liamctid

Sorry to point this out again but this only comes up when its the more sort after games, I'm sure there are people dipping in and out of this thread who probably weren't reading it constantly when over 10+ games this season have gone on sale to any season ticket holder.

One of the biggest issues was City putting the word "loyalty" on to points all them years ago, as it is still something people call them. The word itself makes this issue more emotive than it already is.

I sound like a broken record on the subject but it is not a closed shop, if you want to get to the higher points you have to put the graft in with the less attractive fixtures. I was 5/6 years behind away game regulars when I was 18 in 2006 and as I have said much earlier in the thread, I was lucky that when I started to go a lot City were only taking half allocations and apart from (like now!) the more sort after games.

If it goes to a ballot then I reckon we'll take less than we are now, I don't think it will encourage more people to go, you'll just get the people who went to TNS away and the final vs Wigan claiming a conspiracy when they cannot get a derby ticket in a ballot

5. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

The atmosphere was good before the introduction of the loyalty point system is a myth.
    Reading away in 98?
    Half empty away ends through the early 00s. Loyalty points available then, not taken up.

The atmosphere is good when it’s a good game.

6. Silvas' left eyebrow

Silvas' left eyebrow

You must be that special, super fan I mentioned.....sorry to offend

7. frothy

frothy

Looking at the number of young uns at high point games when they can't possibly have enough points, and they can't have all come from supporters clubs so they must be getting them from people that aren't going to aways but want to keep there points high

8. Scareye

Scareye

Yep, that sums me up perfectly. Enjoy your day, if mummy lets you out in this weather.

9. RACHACE

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
    I get what you’re saying mate but those that were going when we were really shit and still do so now need protecting in any ticket system in my opinion. In that group there’s probably no more than about 1000. Games against Bournemouth though are a bit more tricky and that kind of game is where some of the hard core may miss out because they cannot all go to this group. Bournemouth should be forced to increase their capacity though, there should be a minimum requirement with regard stadium capacity.

A 5-10% should go to ballot so everybody has a chance for big games in my opinion. It wouldn’t affect those that have a history of attending.

I’m on 16500 points though so I’m obviously going to favour a system that at least gives me and my missus a chance of attending big or more local games from time to time.

Rascal likes this.
  10. edinburgh123

edinburgh123

That’s better than me. I didn’t so much disagree and not even understand most of it

Scareye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.