Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t write a lot on Bluemoon put I always read and it interesting how people think about away tickets, we paid for platinum for loyalty points ( which I don’t agree with) but if you want to go these away matches you do have to put the hard yards you can’t expect to just go to the big games and people say young ones can’t catch up my lad is on 22740 pts and he’s 17 years old (it helps his mum and dad have got him his s/t at 2years old platinum as well) so it can be done.

I don’t write a lot on Bluemoon put I always read and it interesting how people think about away tickets, we paid for platinum for loyalty points ( which I don’t agree with) but if you want to go these away matches you do have to put the hard yards you can’t expect to just go to the big games and people say young ones can’t catch up my lad is on 22740 pts and he’s 17 years old (it helps his mum and dad have got him his s/t at 2years old platinum as well) so it can be done.
Not sure platinum has been going for 15 years. You must have taken him to plenty of away games when he was very young

Similar pro rata my lad is 15 and has just over 18k I could see this coming years ago when the platinum came in you had to be in it to win it and the same with the cup schemes which we were in when it was an additional 75points per season but cheaper than paying a booking fee of £2-50 when kids were £1 a cup match
He comes to every game with me apart from Europe away but couldn’t get him a spurs ticket
Still think tho that more tickets should be available to point holders

Sorry to point this out again but this only comes up when its the more sort after games, I'm sure there are people dipping in and out of this thread who probably weren't reading it constantly when over 10+ games this season have gone on sale to any season ticket holder.

One of the biggest issues was City putting the word "loyalty" on to points all them years ago, as it is still something people call them. The word itself makes this issue more emotive than it already is.

I sound like a broken record on the subject but it is not a closed shop, if you want to get to the higher points you have to put the graft in with the less attractive fixtures. I was 5/6 years behind away game regulars when I was 18 in 2006 and as I have said much earlier in the thread, I was lucky that when I started to go a lot City were only taking half allocations and apart from (like now!) the more sort after games.

If it goes to a ballot then I reckon we'll take less than we are now, I don't think it will encourage more people to go, you'll just get the people who went to TNS away and the final vs Wigan claiming a conspiracy when they cannot get a derby ticket in a ballot

Thats not exactly right thougg all games sell out before 16500 points so anyone below has no chance of getting a shout I went home and away for years as did many of my mates, but took a year or two off aways for financial reasons and unavoidable, it was the same time platinum kicked in and so others passed me by them 2 season (did maximum 5 aways each) left me hamstrung, plus refusing to go platinum.
I know people now who cannot affford all aways but are so worrid of dropping out of the chance that they buy a ticket and sell it at face or lend their points out to mates so not to fall behind.

The system is broken and was even more fucked up by hospitality suites getting automatic away tickets

Thats not exactly right thougg all games sell out before 16500 points so anyone below has no chance of getting a shout I went home and away for years as did many of my mates, but took a year or two off aways for financial reasons and unavoidable, it was the same time platinum kicked in and so others passed me by them 2 season (did maximum 5 aways each) left me hamstrung, plus refusing to go platinum.
I know people now who cannot affford all aways but are so worrid of dropping out of the chance that they buy a ticket and sell it at face or lend their points out to mates so not to fall behind.

The system is broken and was even more fucked up by hospitality suites getting automatic away tickets
Come on not all games sell out at that loads go below that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.