Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t write a lot on Bluemoon put I always read and it interesting how people think about away tickets, we paid for platinum for loyalty points ( which I don’t agree with) but if you want to go these away matches you do have to put the hard yards you can’t expect to just go to the big games and people say young ones can’t catch up my lad is on 22740 pts and he’s 17 years old (it helps his mum and dad have got him his s/t at 2years old platinum as well) so it can be done.

Similar pro rata my lad is 15 and has just over 18k I could see this coming years ago when the platinum came in you had to be in it to win it and the same with the cup schemes which we were in when it was an additional 75points per season but cheaper than paying a booking fee of £2-50 when kids were £1 a cup match
He comes to every game with me apart from Europe away but couldn’t get him a spurs ticket
Still think tho that more tickets should be available to point holders

It seems you both had the foresight to see what was going to happen.
I think it was fairly obvious following the takeover that away tickets would be in short supply.
The first game I remember struggling to get tickets for was Schalke away in 2008, they sold out 20 minutes after my daughter got ours.
I woke up,and realised there were a lot of people had overtaken me in the pecking order.
Since that game I’ve been to about 90% of the away games and been in all of the cup schemes. I don’t pick and choose the biggest games, didn’t go to Liverpool,Spurs or Chelsea this year, I make the effort to go if I can.

The people against the points system are those who were slow off the mark, or want to pick and choose selected games (advise going corporate or join a Supporters Club) or have just joined their City journey.

The scarcity of tickets for the big games are the issue, and that’s because the cartel top slice 40% of the ticket allocation before they go on sale.
Five years ago they were creaming off 25% from the allocation, and next year it’s going to 45%. You don’t have this issue for the lesser games, where they take a smaller number of tickets as they can’t be arsed with them.
Most clubs give us 3000 tickets or so.

Five years ago that meant the 30,000 seasoncard holders were allocated 2,250 tickets, 1 ticket for every 13 seasoncard holder.
Now there are 42,000 seasoncard holders allocated 1,800 tickets, that’s 1 ticket per 23 seasoncard holder. Your chances of getting a ticket have halved.

Yet corporate have currently got a 1 in 4 chance of getting a ticket.

There’s an old adage that says “always follow the money to get to the route of the issue”.

It’s harder to get tickets because more are creamed off.
Just look how easy it was to get tickets for Cardiff, Hoffenheim, Spurs, Shakhtar, Lyon, Leicester (Cup), Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, the League Cup Final (!), Swansea, the FA Cup semi final (!) and Palace. The cartel didn’t need help or want help for those games, hence the rest can get them.

Come on not all games sell out at that loads go below that

2 at most and normally because of the shite KO time or day.

I have one mate who is on 1870 and has been to nearly all aways every year, this year he has fallen short 6 times, I am on just under 16500 and normaly manage to get a few in, not happened this year, and have rellied on mates points and spares.

For me the system is bollocks and believed that when I had no issues getting tickets.

I will admit I have swered euro aways this year for financial reasons and was only gonna do 10 aways at most in the league for same reasons, bit the games I earmarked to go I had not problem the last few seasons.

Last edited:
Thats not exactly right thougg all games sell out before 16500 points so anyone below has no chance of getting a shout I went home and away for years as did many of my mates, but took a year or two off aways for financial reasons and unavoidable, it was the same time platinum kicked in and so others passed me by them 2 season (did maximum 5 aways each) left me hamstrung, plus refusing to go platinum.
I know people now who cannot affford all aways but are so worrid of dropping out of the chance that they buy a ticket and sell it at face or lend their points out to mates so not to fall behind.

The system is broken and was even more fucked up by hospitality suites getting automatic away tickets

Cardiff
Spurs
West Ham
Southampton
Newcastle
Everton
Palace

All league away games that went on sale to any season ticket holder this season. I didn't go to Cardiff, Spurs, West Ham or Newcastle myself.

2 at most and normally because of the shite KO time or day.

I have one mate who is on 1870 and has been to nearly all aways every year, this year he has fallen short 6 times, I am on just under 16500 and normaly manage to get a few in, not happened this year, and have rellied on mates points and spares.

For me the system is bollocks and believed that when I had no issues getting tickets.

Cardiff, Hoffenheim, Spurs, Shakhtar, Lyon, Leicester (Cup), Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, the League Cup Final (!), Swansea, the FA Cup semi final (!) and Palace.
Didn’t not sell out or sold out at general sale.

Arsenal, Wolves, Liverpool, West Ham, Watford, Leicester (league) and Schalke all sold out at 16,500 or less.

So that’s 20 games you could have gone to this season, a little more than “normally manage to get a few in”

Chelsea and Fulham at 17,000

It would also have earned you an additional 800 points meaning you would have got Liverpool and Fulham tickets., and that’s not counting any points for home cup games or cup schemes, which would give you at least another 40 points for LC, 40 points for FA and 100 points for CL plus 600 giving a grand total of 1580 additional points earned without going to the games above your points.

Yep the system is bollocks.

Last edited:
Cardiff, Hoffenheim, Spurs, Shakhtar, Lyon, Leicester (Cup), Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, the League Cup Final (!), Swansea, the FA Cup semi final (!) and Palace.
Didn’t not sell out or sold out at general sale.

Arsenal, Wolves, Liverpool, West Ham, Watford, Leicester (league) and Schalke all sold out at 16,500 or less.

So that’s 20 games you could have gone to this season, a little more than “normally manage to get a few in”

Chelsea and Fulham at 17,000

It would also have earned you an additional 800 points meaning you would have got Liverpool and Fulham tickets.

Yep the system is bollocks.

I stand by my opinion it is bollocks, I have already edited my post to say my intentions re aways this season and I?have managed to get tickets for nearly ll the 10 Iearmarked.

Even if I has l had 30000 points I would call it bollocks, as even if I am alright I know many who have been going longer than me and were regular at every away every season for years that through circumstance have dropped down the points and do miss out.

People keep saying put the effort and miles in , well these people have over the years.
Loyalty is not about what you have done since the points syst came in and whether you can boost points by paying an extra £50 a SC.
Or as I have pointed out lending your points or buying and selling on tickets to keep their points topped up

The system should be years + points imho.

Or leave it as is, when I miss out I normally find a way to get one, because the system is broken.

I've got a high points total so from a selfish point of view the status quo works for me.
But I see the argument for a change to widen the group that can attend away games. Not surprisingly I would prefer we keep some recognition of previous seasons loyalty in any new system.

The main change I'd like would be the most basic and also most unlikely to ever happen. That is that points holders get 80% of away tickets, not 60% as it is now, and soon to be 55%. Even those continually missing out on away tickets via the points system must think that only 55% going to points holders is the biggest issue here

If it was raised to 80% this would fix it for all but the biggest games and there's always been more demand than supply for those games.

Knowing that City won't reduce corporate allocations and it seems show no interest in reducing supporters clubs allocation further then the remaining options are fairly unpalatable. Hence all the arguments here

Reluctantly I'd support a ballot for 5% or even 10% of tickets for aways if this to come equally from all 3 current ticket sections. That means supporters clubs, corporate and points holders all losing a percentage of their current allocation.

As stated, it'd be much 'fairer' if points holders got 80%, you could then happily have 10% of those to a ballet among season ticket holders.

I'd also support the idea that you don't get points for away games that sell out to a fairly high points total (e.g you'd only get points this season for the likes of Newcastle, Palace etc). This should help stop any current gap in points widening.
And if the tech is there, I'd support only getting points for home games (and aways) where your seat is actually used.
And maybe getting 100 points for some home cup games etc to reward and encourage attendance for these games.

I stand by my opinion it is bollocks, I?have already edited my post to say my intentions re aways this season even if I has ld 30000 pointa I would call it bollocks, as even if I am?alright I kniw many who have been going longer than me and were regular at every away every season for years that tgrough circumstance have dropped down the points and do miss out.

People keep saying put the effort and miles in , well these people have over the years Loyalty is not about what you have done since the points syst came in and whether you can boost points by paying an extra £50 a SC.
Or as I have pointed out lending your points or buying and selling on tickets to keep their points topped up

The syatem should be years + points imho.

Or leave it as is, when I miss out I normally find a way to get one, because the system is broken.
I answered your post because you are factually incorrect. You said only two games went to general sale, when it was actually 14, so I was pointing out the inaccuracy.

You then said you couldn’t get to games with your number of points.
Again this doesn’t tarry with the hard facts, there were a further six games that sold out on or about your points.

Hence 20 away games, regardless of your opinion of the points system, have been available for you to buy, 21 if you include the FA Cup Final. That’s a fact and that’s what my post is about, so nice deflection.

Years for having a seasoncard? I’d happily accept that.
Next season will be my 51st season of having one, although chances are it won’t be.

Instead the club are more likely to distribute ticket points on the amount of money you spend at the club. A pound a point
So a box holder might get 40,000 points added, Tunnel Club 15,000 points, SS3 regular 350 points added.

PS your mate on 18,700 points at the start of the season would have missed out on one game and one game alone had he have gone to the others, and that was Bournemouth away.

I stand by my opinion it is bollocks, I have already edited my post to say my intentions re aways this season and I?have managed to get tickets for nearly ll the 10 Iearmarked.

Even if I has l had 30000 points I would call it bollocks, as even if I am alright I know many who have been going longer than me and were regular at every away every season for years that through circumstance have dropped down the points and do miss out.

People keep saying put the effort and miles in , well these people have over the years.
Loyalty is not about what you have done since the points syst came in and whether you can boost points by paying an extra £50 a SC.

The system should be years + points imho.

Goes back to my point earlier, they should never have called them "loyalty" points. I'm lucky enough to be able to get from the Etihad in about a 30 minute walk these days, but between 1999-2014 I lived 150 miles away from Manchester - was I more "loyal" then than am I now?

The biggest issue about the system is only 60% of the tickets allocated goes off points. Although if it was 95% points we'd still have people on here moaning about not getting a Liverpool away ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.