Away tickets

Do you think it is fair that the same old same old get first dabs at tickets too?
I supported the system 20 years ago, when I got any ticket I ever wanted, due to personal circumstances (mainly work), I've fallen behind, and I subsequently gave up platinum a few years ago, so even more hampered now, such that my last 2 away games were Newcastle in January, and probably (can't remember) WHU in the first season at the London Stadium in the league cup, or Shaktar in Dec 2017, but there has to be a system, and I can't see a better one that rewards those who have kept up, and put in the effort, so yes I guess I do.

If I wanted to bend the rules I could easily find a way, I know enough people to be able to source tickets when/if I want them, but I respect the way it is, and I don't, and in any case I've got out of the habit of regular away games now. As a result I now try to ensure I'm at every home league, FA cup, or CL game, which costs me a small fortune due to my location.

You obviously didn’t read my follow up post after the AGM! :-) Shame that but hey ho that’s what trolls do. Clippety Clop
No I didn't pray tell me. Troll - give over.

Its the declension of the verb:

I have my own opinions
He disagrees with me
You are a troll.

etc

It's not fair at all, mate. But if you wanted to stand a chance of keeping up on points it had to be done. But if the need for points is taken away isn't it then regarded as mis-selling?

Perhaps for this year but they would have no probs defending past years as everyone got their double points and whatever other benefits were promised.

It was rather clumsily handled - perhaps their minds were on FFP?

It's not fair at all, mate. But if you wanted to stand a chance of keeping up on points it had to be done. But if the need for points is taken away isn't it then regarded as mis-selling?
I know for a fact if I'd paid £50 this season they would be refunding it, and also if I was on mid points and Id been paying it for years I'd be at citizens advice asking about getting a refund.
I'm amazed with all the crap city matters caused this has pretty much gone under the radar

I supported the system 20 years ago, when I got any ticket I ever wanted, due to personal circumstances (mainly work), I've fallen behind, and I subsequently gave up platinum a few years ago, so even more hampered now, such that my last 2 away games were Newcastle in January, and probably (can't remember) WHU in the first season at the London Stadium in the league cup, or Shaktar in Dec 2017, but there has to be a system, and I can't see a better one that rewards those who have kept up, and put in the effort, so yes I guess I do.

If I wanted to bend the rules I could easily find a way, I know enough people to be able to source tickets when/if I want them, but I respect the way it is, and I don't, and in any case I've got out of the habit of regular away games now. As a result I now try to ensure I'm at every home league, FA cup, or CL game, which costs me a small fortune due to my location.

Fair enough. My beef is that the same people will continue to get tickets ad infinitum whilst others cannot get a look in except for scraps. The club will do whatever it decides for Round Two although CM will have their input.

Fair enough. My beef is that the same people will continue to get tickets ad infinitum whilst others cannot get a look in except for scraps.
You'd be better having a beef with the number given to corporate, people who (in general) haven't out in the effort, and continue not to unless its a big game, some are lucky enough to have been able to continue to go week in/week out, and imho they fully deserve to get any ticket they want. I'm guessing from your stance that you aren't one of those, but plenty of games still went to general sale last year where points could have been earned, as I said I'm out of the habit now, and I travel enough for the home games as it is, and I get no reward for that really.

Fair enough. My beef is that the same people will continue to get tickets ad infinitum whilst others cannot get a look in except for scraps. The club will do whatever it decides for Round Two although CM will have their input.

You’ve not offered up a plausible argument for why the same old same old shouldn’t be getting tickets ad infinitum as far as I can see?
It’s not fair doesn’t cut it
When we were queueing from dawn around Maine Rd for tickets back in the day would you have just come along to the front of the queue at 9-30am and expected to go to the front?
Is it any different?
The points system is that very same queue

You’ve not offered up a plausible argument for why the same old same old shouldn’t be getting tickets ad infinitum as far as I can see?
It’s not fair doesn’t cut it
When we were queueing from dawn around Maine Rd for tickets back in the day would you have just come along to the front of the queue at 9-30am and expected to go to the front?
Is it any different?
The points system is that very same queue

Yes entirely different. No one in that queue at Maine Road had permanent places in the queue and I never saw anyone looking smug at others because they were near the front.

I bought a season ticket off a guy who emigrated. Had 17k on it so easy to get to games. They still think I'm him lol. i have only been to a handful of games if I'm honest.
But are you honest. Eccles Blue seems to think youve been to more than a handful - and so do. I

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.