Away tickets

Personally I think the talk of queues is often exaggerate anyway, I didn't need to queue for a Gillingham ticket (I'm assuming people are talking about the play off final), I did it by post as a season card holder. Clearly there were games then that you needed to queue for, Wigan away in the play off stands out in memory, Colchester rings a bell, the 30000 at York queue must have been epic, Bristol Rovers when they played in Bath, but only a small number were ever eligible for those games, by virtue of other games they'd been to (tokens and away programmes if I remember correctly). A couple of home games also involved queues, but they were for people who weren't season ticket holders.

The current system is imho little different, just more technology based, bottom line is, if you don't have the points (or a season ticket for home games), some games are more difficult to get a ticket for than others.

Thanks for the memories. Gillingham for obvious reasons at Wembley but also at their place, Wigan when the Goat rushed to celebrate right in front of us, Colchester when there were very few Ticket Royalty there, York being there and now laughing at the BS merchants who claim to have been there, Bristol Rovers played on a weird little bits and pieces ground where Terry Cook played a blinder but I don't think was in Bath. Miscellaneous grounds like Northampton, Preston, Walsall, Northampton, Chesterfield, S****horpe Grimsby and WycombeNot to mention 'Uddersfield with GMP filming City fans. Eee lad them were the days before JCLs became Ticket Royalty.

Thanks for the memories. Gillingham for obvious reasons at Wembley but also at their place, Wigan when the Goat rushed to celebrate right in front of us, Colchester when there were very few Ticket Royalty there, York being there and now laughing at the BS merchants who claim to have been there, Bristol Rovers played on a weird little bits and pieces ground where Terry Cook played a blinder but I don't think was in Bath. Miscellaneous grounds like Northampton, Preston, Walsall, Northampton, Chesterfield, S****horpe Grimsby and WycombeNot to mention 'Uddersfield with GMP filming City fans. Eee lad them were the days before JCLs became Ticket Royalty.

We all did the shitty little grounds for no points, it's just that some of us kept going.

This is why you're considered a troll, and I've had enough of it, so find another thread.

The Bristol Rovers game was at the Memorial Ground where they still play (but have done it up a bit since then.) They bought it off the rugby union side i think.
I went to Bath in the league cup when they played at Twerton Park in 1992.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.