Aymeric Laporte - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to put him in my line-up in the Newcastle game thread, I think we need him to start

By the way, I've just seen him at the dentist next door to my house. He drives a very nice car

Laporte has shown to be a quality defender this season. Against Arsenal he had Aubameyang in his pocket, against Huddersfield he didn't really have to defend but came upfield to help create chances and against Wolves he showed that he's an aerial threat. And what I've also noticed this season is that after corners etc. he stays a bit longer upfield than the other defenders.

Laporte is off to a tremendous start this season - one of the best CB's in the league thus far.

Real joy to watch a player so comfortable with both feet.

If he plays left uses his right and if he plays right uses his left.

Rondon seemed to be stronger than both him and Stones, although I’m sure Pep would have been keen to tell him and Stones to not give away free-kicks as he was so isolated so they probably where not as aggressive as usual.

Is he still being ignored at international Level? Hasn’t he declared for a team yet? Madness that Spain haven’t tried to get him.

I was pretty vocal about not wanting him here due to that little last minute stunt that he pulled but vowed to let that go if he signed for us. I've been laying low with a neutral POV and I think we're starting to see a good enough sample to make a decent judgement on him and oooo weee have we got ourselves a good one. It took us long enough but we've finally locked in our center halves for the next 5-10 years.

@Dax777

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.