Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not as assure in his tackles. He is losing attackers in dangerous areas. His passing has become very conservative etc

Have you witnessed WC footballing fr.hom lately?

I don't think he's doing notably worse than prior to his injury. I think many of the things he does "wrong" he was doing before the injury too.

The overall product is that we're nowhere near as shaky with him in defence. I'm not going to argue with you whether I think he's WC or not, that's for another day. But I'm not immediately concerned with him.

But I respect your opinion.

Agreed. I too. Just miss the dominant Laporte :( Wonder when he'll be back.

He's definitely not dominant right now, but our win/loss ratio with and without him is eye-popping. I'm hoping a run of games next season will restore his confidence.

Once we have Laporte in alongside another world class partner we will be back in business.

Our win/loss with and without him speaks for itself. We are a different team with him at the back. Disagree that he has been poor. Made a few errors but who doesn’t? He is class.

I don't think he's doing notably worse than prior to his injury. I think many of the things he does "wrong" he was doing before the injury too.

The overall product is that we're nowhere near as shaky with him in defence. I'm not going to argue with you whether I think he's WC or not, that's for another day. But I'm not immediately concerned with him.

Fair enough. Much respect :)

Agree; he’s very good, but the flaws were always subtly apparent, and now we’ve replaced a terrier with turtles in midfield, they’re being exposed more.

Koulibaly will set the new benchmark for the definition of world class defender - both at the club, in the league generally.

Only issue I had was him giving Benzema too much room for a shot in the second half. Other than that, I'm not sure why this would be the game someone would choose to criticise him.
Benzema is one of the top 10 strikers in the world. He was always going to get a shot away at some point.

Laporte was pretty solid last night. I have no complaints.

Bit shaky last night. Do that against Lewandowski and he kills us - simple as that.

My issue with Laporte is that even though he’s an excellent defender and brilliant on the ball he’s nowhere near as dominant in the box as Vinnie was or Van Djik currently is.

If Vinnie/VVD play last night there’s no way Benzema gets a free header there. Laporte needs to be more commanding in our box.

Think it was more dinho for the goal tbh, he barely jumped at all, he should of put more pressure on Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.