Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, this is misplaced. What cost us is Laporte making a dumb unnecessary pass and losing the ball. Then turning around and keeping the scorer onside.

You can't expect the 19 year old to do his job and also make up for the stupidity of the more experienced Laporte.

Yep, that pass was abysmal. Arguably the best left footed CB in the world, but not world class for me. Solid 8/10 player. He needs a proper bastard with pace next to him. Diego Carlos would be perfect.

Again, this is misplaced. What cost us is Laporte making a dumb unnecessary pass and losing the ball. Then turning around and keeping the scorer onside.

You can't expect the 19 year old to do his job and also make up for the stupidity of the more experienced Laporte.
Yeah people keep bringing up the foul or the offside, if he didn't make a ridiculous pass like that we wouldn't of been in that situation

Running forward suddenly, exposed us more.

He hasn't been great this season, full stop.

He wasn't great prior to the injury & he had some very poor moments in the latter stages of the previous season.

Having no proper defensive partner, will not be helping, at all.

But Pep spent 62m on Rodri ( the next Bosquets )

Not sure what else can he ask from the club .

He hasn't been great this season, full stop.

He wasn't great prior to the injury & he had some very poor moments in the latter stages of the previous season.

Having no proper defensive partner, will not be helping, at all.
The challenge from Laporte on the Brighton player which caused the injury was poor. I still think he is our best cb, but he needs to get back to the levels of when we won the title last season.

But Pep spent 62m on Rodri ( the next Bosquets )

Not sure what else can he ask from the club .

I was meaning at cb.

But seeing as you mentioned it, imo players like Busquets are no longer enough in modern football, if you wish to play the kind of style Pep wants to play. I never wanted Busquets or Kroos for the Prem in particular & I think Pep needs a total rethink on what he sees as midfield balance.

The challenge from Laporte on the Brighton player which caused the injury was poor. I still think he is our best cb, but he needs to get back to the levels of when we won the title last season.

At his best, he was just about 'the' best imo. But John Stones was also a top cb.

Neither are, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.