#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really does make our defence so much better.

Looking forward to seeing him next to Dias.

Apart from his obvious impact as a defender, his role in our attacking play makes such a huge difference too.

His use of the ball is so intelligent and he constantly puts players on the front foot with his passes (particularly Mendy).

He moves it quickly and can pick anybody out, long or short, regularly cutting the opposition press to ribbons. No other CB we have is as capable at that consistently (except Fern when he's there) - but let's hope Dias can do it too.

He’s changed his Twitter name to I’m’Eric Laporte

And Amazon Prime Video Sport have changed theirs to I’m’Azon Prime Video Sport

Ake isn't a threat,he's a decent back up,but he's not in Eric's league.

Him and Dias will work out just lovely once they find each others game.
Aké is a threat to his position. Many underestimate him for some reason. Easily better than Mendy too yet Pep plays him.

It's Akes job to put "Eric" under threat and he's making a good fist of it, whilst Laporte is a brilliant player it's nice to have Nathan offering another option.

Is it possible all three could play and we play 3 at the back? Cancelo looks quite good going forward and if we have to have a makeshift LB to cover for the useless one then I think he at least offers something going forward.

They can tighten the midfield up too by tucking in when needed.

..................Ederson.....................

KW......Dias.....Laporte...Ake......Cancelo

................Rodri or Fern

....................KDB

......Bernardo...Aguero....Sterling

bit more solidity in that line up, bit more hard work from the front players too leaving KDB to do his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.