#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pretty much don't play 3 at the back.
But we can play him as LB and make him sit deep and give our RB license to go forward.
We see this in most games. It’s rare we’ll have both full backs given licence to go hell for leather down the wings.

When Walker plays it’s usually him as he has the athleticism to get up and down and whoever is at LB usually holds back.

I’m looking forward to us finding a LB who can do the same on the left and give us another dimension

He can play the inverted fullback role or a more defensive LB role. That would mean Cancelo at RB and attacking more. We see in games though that Zincheko will switch from the inverted role to being out high and wide at times. I don't know if he could Laporte could do that.

@Dax777

Whats your explanation that the team improved defensively with 2 right footed CBs ?

Its seems having a left footed CB was not important at all.

@Dax777

Whats your explanation that the team improved defensively with 2 right footed CBs ?

Theoretically, everything else being equal, one left and one right footed CBs is best. But it's not superior to chemistry and talent.

Stones and Dias have developed a chemistry that seems to intensity their individual and combination talents.

@Dax777

This was discussed on the most recent 'Why Always Us' podcast, I think even Pep is probably surprised this is working so well. The point was made that perhaps if all being equal and Laporte was fit and ready then Pep would still pick him for particular games, Laporte being left footed means he doesn't take that extra split second to move the ball and his cross field pass is better than Stones or Dias. For 99% of games its not too big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.