#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones was good last night, very good

I think even more importantly, Dias was excellent on the left side of the pair.

Which means if Stones does find his form again, he could potentially partner Dias, so Laporte has competition with Stones and Aké for his spot.

Which I think he needs to be honest. This is a massive season for Laporte, fucking up in 1 CL quarter final can happen, fucking up in 2 consecutively is pretty unlucky...if he fucks up in a third CL quarter final/semi final then he's done, you can't rely on him in big games.

I think even more importantly, Dias was excellent on the left side of the pair.

Which means if Stones does find his form again, he could potentially partner Dias, so Laporte has competition with Stones and Aké for his spot.

Which I think he needs to be honest. This is a massive season for Laporte, fucking up in 1 CL quarter final can happen, fucking up in 2 consecutively is pretty unlucky...if he fucks up in a third CL quarter final/semi final then he's done, you can't rely on him in big games.
To me he's the elephant in the room.
Over rated and unreliable.

I wouldn't go that far, personally. But I was going to say something similar after the game in terms of this being one to keep an eye on.

I've got every faith Laporte will be fine because he just seems to have that mentality to crack on once he's had a bad game. But it's happened a few times in important games.

It's way too early to say I'd prefer to have Stones as Dias' main partner because he's not been able to show any consistency so far but the signs have been really promising recently.

For sure Stones and Dias deserve, and will get, another shot against a proper opposition. I m very curious about their partnership.
I wouldn't go that far, personally. But I was going to say something similar after the game in terms of this being one to keep an eye on.

I've got every faith Laporte will be fine because he just seems to have that mentality to crack on once he's had a bad game. But it's happened a few times in important games.

It's way too early to say I'd prefer to have Stones as Dias' main partner because he's not been able to show any consistency so far but the signs have been really promising recently.
He played well against Wolves until they put it on us 2nd half and then the old Stones floors were there as usual. Last night we played a team who were absolutely abysmal and he was fine being neat and tidy and even brought the ball out from the back very well once. If he suddenly becomes a consistent top class centre half then great but 4 and half years into his City career I’m not holding my breathe.

One good thing is he’s levels above Garcia so hopefully his days of starting ahead of Stones are almost numbered.

Over rated my arse.

63 PL games into his City career we have conceded just 35 goals when he is on the pitch.

To put that into context it is just 2 goals more than Liverpool with Sir Virgil v D and the best goalkeeper and defence in the world (according to them and the media) let in in just 38 games last season.

In fact, goals conceded p90 mins when Laporte is on the pitch is the best for a defender >50 apps . in PL history - and better than VvD by a big margin. And he is quite good at that build up thing. You know, when he passes out from the back. In fact in his only full season in 18/19 he had the best numbers for any player in the league and the 2nd best in Europe.

Does he make mistakes? Yes. So does everyone including the great VK.
Up to his 18/19 standard? No.

I love this, message sent by Pep. Laporte will be back obviously but he's needed some competition.

Was he injured today? Not on the bench and hasn’t played during the internationals so don’t need a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.