#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen him pass better, even from left back.

He made a great tackle though near the end, which was good to see though.

His future might be on the left side until one of the two CB is dropping form, I hope he can be patient as this will help us keep the other two on their toes.

Not sure why Laporte is getting so much criticism , apart from the goal which even pig eye Murphy said it would have been disallowed if VAR was present , because Laporte was blatantly pushed in the back by one of their big donkeys.
Other than that it was great watching Laporte sweep 50 yard balls from left to right only for Mahrez to do f*ck all with the passes.
He has not played for three months but he was still the stand out defender for me , and he is too good for the bench no doubt Dias or Stones could pick an injury or suspension and i think he will claim his place back when given the chance , he is a top class centre back
True, but he's not as good as either Dias or Stones right now. I mean, Kompany wouldn't get his spot back the way these guys are playing. I seriously can't think of a defender in the last 5 years, who'd get there place back had they been on this team.

That's how well those 2 are playing.

hard spot for him to be in, but I like the 3 at the back with the ball, him tucking in as a defensive LB without it idea that both he and Ake could play and leaves us less susceptible than having Zin there.

Still getting back to his best but good to see him playing more like we are used to.Other than misfortune.....I cannot see him dislodging our current world class pairing though.

I could potentially see him play over Zinchenko against tougher opposition where Pep doesn't need Zinchenko to help overload the attacks and only lets Cancelo do it.

You've got to feel for Laporte, he's had a rough few months.

In the past window, the club spent big on two center halves - granted not to take his place, but as a player, thats certainly a warning shot and an uncomfortable place to be in.

Then, right at the start of the season, he gets COVID. After working his way back, the side is not playing well - again not exactly his fault - and he picks up an injury.

While recovering, he watches Stones revive his career and Dias slot in to the side beautifully, forming what is at the moment probably the best center half pairing in football (even with the obvious bias on their current form I think this is true).

And all of a sudden hes on the outside looking in.

So I feel for the guy because ultimately...he's really fucking good. Hoping Pep can find a way to get him minutes without disturbing the Stones - Dias partnership, because he certainly deserves it.

Good for him tolo get minutes and the chance to play himself into form.

I could potentially see him play over Zinchenko against tougher opposition where Pep doesn't need Zinchenko to help overload the attacks and only lets Cancelo do it.
It makes sense. But at the same time, tougher opposition will funnel our build up to Laporte, as his passing for some reason is nowhere near what it used to be. So there are pluses and minuses to playing him in those games. Zinchenko is almost perfect in the build up phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.