#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally you want to make as few tackles as possible. Tackles are risky. Possession, pressure and positioning are all better forms of defence than tackling. Keep the ball, force a turnover, intercept a pass, make the opponents clear their lines. The teams that make the most tackles generally exert the least control
I remember back when Xabi Alonso spoke about how tackling wasn't that impressive, and he got a tremendous amount of stick for it. Of course Guardiola was his manager at the time but it was something he always believed. I'm glad we're a team that plays with that understanding.

The lad is pure class , we have Dias,Stones and Laporte , the Dippers have a Chamionship £1m bargain bin player and a German reject from the worst defence in the Bundesliga , just the 22 points between the teams at the moment.
Klippety Coach of the Year , YCNMIU.

I think he did well. I'd probably rate him as the better of the two CBs on the night.
Yeah he was just better than Dias for me.

I think Stones has actually been better than Dias in most of their pairings too.

Dias seems to raise the confidence of his partner to potentially higher than him.

Yep - getting back to his best after a bad injury.

He brings something different to our side with the quality of his passing which neither Stones nor Dias have on him.

He's getting back to his best, but I think that's harsh on stones. I think our build up from the back is much better and much more incisive with stones in the side. Stones on current form is the best passer of the three and the most capable of carrying the ball forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.