#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played really well and, as has been said, we are blessed. With three of such quality, you have to give them game time but it has to be earnt and I believe that these three will push and push each other to even higher levels: it feels like they have all bought into Pep's demands. I also wonder how much their positional excellence has been influenced by Juan Lillo because this is as good as it gets, defensively.

Definitely getting better with minutes and his confidence with his passing has increased recently too. Back to the old Laporte last night of carrying the ball forward and looking for a forward pass. Still not near his absolute best but even this level is better than most.

He looks to me like he has recovered some speed. Has had a nice burst of pace by the looks of it, or maybe that's what competition for the spot is doing.

He's returning to his best level.

When he arrived at the club he was unbelievable . He had a lot of things to prove and was just amazing in any aspect of the game. He was very aggressive and then he tooked too much confidence because he knew he had no competition. His level had really dropped even before his injury.

Then he took a slap in the mouth with Dias arrival and Stones resurrection but he reacted very well and now he is proving us he's mentally strong.

Do you remember when Otamendi or Mangala or Demichelis would rush out to a player who had their back to them, and then just take several clumsy bites at tackling them from behind until they eventually give a blatant foul away? Meanwhile everyone in world is screaming at their TVs for them to stop and knowing what's coming miles off.

Laporte does that 3 or 4 times a game now.

I don't know where it's come from, but he needs to cut it out immediately.

He looks really bad, I’m not going to lie. Firmly 3rd choice. He’s not even competing with the other two any more in my mind, he is below them. But he will still play whenever Walker starts, which is a little more often than he deserves right now.

Do you remember when Otamendi or Mangala or Demichelis would rush out to a player who had their back to them, and then just take several clumsy bites at tackling them from behind until they eventually give a blatant foul away? Meanwhile everyone in world is screaming at their TVs for them to stop and knowing what's coming miles off.

Laporte does that 3 or 4 times a game now.

I don't know where it's come from, but he needs to cut it out immediately.

He's been making more mistakes per game than John has all season.

I get that we need the full squad fit and ready but John and Ruben are the best centreback pairing I've ever seen at City. If that changes then fair enough but until then I think we need to use them as often as possible without running them into the ground. Not sure Southampton was a great game to rest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.