B*llocking other people's kids

Lancet Fluke

What's the etiquette with this? My 8 year old just had a friend round for tea. The friend was being a right little twat so I gave him a bit of a bollocking. I know his parents let him get away with murder so I'm assuming they won't be happy. Is it ok to tell off other people's kids or should I have left it to them, knowing they would do nowt?

Skashion said:
Your house, your rules.
That's the way I see it and if my kid had been naughty at someone elses house I'd want him to get told off. But this kid's parents are such a pair of drippy twats who think their kid can do no wrong, I suspect they might not be pleased at all.

Wow, brilliant timing of a thread....

Just been lumbered with 4 yr old nephew for a couple of hours, who along with my 4 yr old are driving me fucking mad.

I might get pissed and twat them both, or go out for a Tapas. Not sure yet.

Lancet Fluke said:
Skashion said:
Your house, your rules.
That's the way I see it and if my kid had been naughty at someone elses house I'd want him to get told off. But this kid's parents are such a pair of drippy twats who think their kid can do no wrong, I suspect they might not be pleased at all.
Definitely appreciate your point of view and understand completely where you're coming from but I think we're best off in the long run conveying the message to kids that just because something's ok at home, or in other settings, it's appropriate elsewhere. Just a shame you're having to do it rather than the parents.

Skashion said:
Your house, your rules.

Spot on if the other child doesn't have boundaries then you can hardly let them cross that your child doesn't. With kids you just have to be consistent even with the guest that are in your house.

I remember getting a bollocking off one of my mates parents, told my old fella and got a clip around the ear and ticking off for being a little shit in their mates house.

mancity5 said:
Wow, brilliant timing of a thread....

Just been lumbered with 4 yr old nephew for a couple of hours, who along with my 4 yr old are driving me fucking mad.

I might get pissed and twat them both, or go out for a Tapas. Not sure yet.

oooooooo! Shit got real

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.