BA Cabin Crew

A A

Anonymous

Showing their true colours I see. Unite & BA finally get their heads together at ACAS and then have to break up their talks because a load of idiots invade the building. What a stupid bunch of twats.

After seeing it on the news that BA lost £500m + in the last year, nothing would make me happier than to see them go bust. Not because I have anything against BA, I just think their staff are the biggest set of twats on earth.

It's a private dispute between a company and some of its employees. Why should anyone else care? The product they offer is offered by other companies, and the dispute has been going on long enough now for potential customers to decide whether to use BA or not.

urmston said:
It's a private dispute between a company and some of its employees. Why should anyone else care? The product they offer is offered by other companies, and the dispute has been going on long enough now for potential customers to decide whether to use BA or not.

This is a good point. Why people still book their flights with them is a mystery. I agree with the 1st bit to an extent. It shouldn't matter to me.

However I believe that if you don't like your job, whether it be the rate of pay/conditions etc, find another job.

it's all getting a bit tiresome isn't it? the BA staff should count themselves lucky as it is, they are paid much more than any other airline, just the unions being greedy. They need to be careful, otherwise they won't have an airline to work for if BA keep making losses of £500 million

Forzacitizens said:
it's all getting a bit tiresome isn't it? the BA staff should count themselves lucky as it is, they are paid much more than any other airline, just the unions being greedy. They need to be careful, otherwise they won't have an airline to work for if BA keep making losses of £500 million

People keep saying that the staff are on a good number and they should thank their lucky stars they've got a job. I say this is total bollocks. They took these jobs (signed contracts) in good faith, times get a bit rough, so the bosses say "Right, no more perks, forget your contracts, and we expect you to work longer hours and we won't pay you.".

I work for various companies who have absolutely butt-fucked their employees, loads of them working an extra 15 hours a week (unpaid), written warnings for staff who haven't worked enough unpaid overtime. The overtime will never return. The employees have sold their own souls to keep their jobs, I understand their predicament and some are my friends.

So I salute the BA cabin staff with their stance. Good luck to 'em. And I don't care if BA go bust, the day they moved out of the regions and went totally London-centric was the day I stopped giving a shit about them. BA are wankers.

Swales lives said:
Forzacitizens said:

People keep saying that the staff are on a good number and they should thank their lucky stars they've got a job. I say this is total bollocks. They took these jobs (signed contracts) in good faith, times get a bit rough, so the bosses say "Right, no more perks, forget your contracts, and we expect you to work longer hours and we won't pay you.".

I work for various companies who have absolutely butt-fucked their employees, loads of them working an extra 15 hours a week (unpaid), written warnings for staff who haven't worked enough unpaid overtime. The overtime will never return. The employees have sold their own souls to keep their jobs, I understand their predicament and some are my friends.

So I salute the BA cabin staff with their stance. Good luck to 'em. And I don't care if BA go bust, the day they moved out of the regions and went totally London-centric was the day I stopped giving a shit about them. BA are wankers.

i would agree with you mate, but i believe that BA have been forced into this with the effects of competition and more people flying for cheaper, they have to react to it, and by cutting costs is the way they have gone

I think BA staff are fucking idiotic! My brother employs 80-odd staff, and last year had a meeting asking them to work a couple of extra hours a week for nowt, to stave off competition. A group of around 12 were trying to get into everyone's head, saying things like don't do it, you can't be forced to.Well, a year on since he "unfortunatley had to lay off 12 staff" (ha ha) businesss is fantastic, all those staff who had shown loyalty to the company and their own jobs, are now back on their original hours, on much better money. So with unemployment as it is, what would you choose? Run your company into the ground, becoming an ex cabin crew member or doing a little extra to ensure job security? No brainer IMHO.

alextrueblue said:
I think BA staff are fucking idiotic! My brother employs 80-odd staff, and last year had a meeting asking them to work a couple of extra hours a week for nowt, to stave off competition. A group of around 12 were trying to get into everyone's head, saying things like don't do it, you can't be forced to.Well, a year on since he "unfortunatley had to lay off 12 staff" (ha ha) businesss is fantastic, all those staff who had shown loyalty to the company and their own jobs, are now back on their original hours, on much better money. So with unemployment as it is, what would you choose? Run your company into the ground, becoming an ex cabin crew member or doing a little extra to ensure job security? No brainer IMHO.

Fair enough for your brother's company, he's a small firm, probably knows most of his staff on a first name basis and feels huge responsibility for their circumstances. People will help out, give up their hours for the greater good and the promise that should profits get back on track, they get rewarded. That all makes sense, and I'm sure any questions could be raised one-on-one with the boss. Try that at BA... I don't think so. It's a political war there. The bosses think they need to smash the union. At some point they will and it might even send them under trying.

People don't strike willy-nilly, I support the workers. Fuck that Louis Walsh bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.