BA Cabin Crew

Cheesy said:
Showing their true colours I see. Unite & BA finally get their heads together at ACAS and then have to break up their talks because a load of idiots invade the building. What a stupid bunch of twats.
Outsiders, mainly unwashed students.

LongsightM13 said:
Good on them. Willie Walsh is an odious, despicable creep of an employer straight out of Dickens. The Tories will shaft the working man of the few rights he has left. People don't go on strike lightly these days. It is the last resort when management are blatantly shitting on you

I seem to recall that when Magwitch returned from the colonies he insisted on flying Montgolfier Air.

Forzacitizens said:
LongsightM13 said:
Good on them. Willie Walsh is an odious, despicable creep of an employer straight out of Dickens. The Tories will shaft the working man of the few rights he has left. People don't go on strike lightly these days. It is the last resort when management are blatantly shitting on you

at least they have jobs, they should be grateful, same old greedy unions

It amazes me when workers attack other workers for sticking up for there working conditions.....usually the the same people who moan about having to work long hours,overtime without pay etc

Swales lives said:
Forzacitizens said:
it's all getting a bit tiresome isn't it? the BA staff should count themselves lucky as it is, they are paid much more than any other airline, just the unions being greedy. They need to be careful, otherwise they won't have an airline to work for if BA keep making losses of £500 million

People keep saying that the staff are on a good number and they should thank their lucky stars they've got a job. I say this is total bollocks. They took these jobs (signed contracts) in good faith, times get a bit rough, so the bosses say "Right, no more perks, forget your contracts, and we expect you to work longer hours and we won't pay you.".

I work for various companies who have absolutely butt-fucked their employees, loads of them working an extra 15 hours a week (unpaid), written warnings for staff who haven't worked enough unpaid overtime. The overtime will never return. The employees have sold their own souls to keep their jobs, I understand their predicament and some are my friends.

So I salute the BA cabin staff with their stance. Good luck to 'em. And I don't care if BA go bust, the day they moved out of the regions and went totally London-centric was the day I stopped giving a shit about them. BA are wankers.

All of this and a bit more;

whilst slagging off his staff the BA boss said that part of their job was the 'fantastic lifestyle' it offered them. Yet more bollox and i doubt he's ever had to get up at 4am on xmas morning, work 16hr shift, drive himself home, go to bed for 7 hrs and then do it all again on boxing day. Proper glamorous eh?

BA cabin crew a a disgrace. They should take a look at the wider picture, most people have had to take pay cuts, reduce hours or take holidays in quiet periods. I will never ever fly BA again, going to Florida in the summer and so glad we picked Virgin.

rickmcfc said:
BA cabin crew a a disgrace. They should take a look at the wider picture, most people have had to take pay cuts, reduce hours or take holidays in quiet periods. I will never ever fly BA again, going to Florida in the summer and so glad we picked Virgin.

Yeah fook it ..lets all go back to victorian england

bluevengence said:
rickmcfc said:

No, a bit of compramise wouldnt go a miss. When BA fly to Shark El Sheik, they give there staff 2 whole days turnaround time, all hotels and expenses paid for. When Easyjet fly there, the crew have 4 hours to turn the plane around, and set off again. They are paid less, dont have anywhere near the same expenses levels, and i dint see them complaining. BA staff are a joke, i hope every single one of them loses there jobs over this. Like i said, i wont fly BA again, why dont they think of the passengers for one second, those pasengers who have booked a summer holiday to fly with them, only to turn up at the airport to find they cant go on that holiday, which they will have saved up all year for, only to be told they cant go because the greedy staff want too much.

rickmcfc said:
bluevengence said:

No, a bit of compramise wouldnt go a miss. When BA fly to Shark El Sheik, they give there staff 2 whole days turnaround time, all hotels and expenses paid for. When Easyjet fly there, the crew have 4 hours to turn the plane around, and set off again. They are paid less, dont have anywhere near the same expenses levels, and i dint see them complaining. BA staff are a joke, i hope every single one of them loses there jobs over this. Like i said, i wont fly BA again, why dont they think of the passengers for one second, those pasengers who have booked a summer holiday to fly with them, only to turn up at the airport to find they cant go on that holiday, which they will have saved up all year for, only to be told they cant go because the greedy staff want too much.

Turnaround is usually completed in an hour. If the crew wait 4 hours then they will be out of hours on the return journey (depending on time of starting shift) and unable to work according to CAA rules.

As the national flag-carrier BA wouldn't be allowed to go bust by any government and I'm sure Lord Snooty and his Tory/fencesitting LibDem pals wouldn't see them go down the drain.

I'm amazed and disappointed to see how much anti-union sentiment there is on here. It's times like these when we need unions. BA, I'm afraid, is the thin edge of the wedge.

Wait until the multi-millionaire Lord Snooty embarks on his slash and burn policies elsewhere, starting with the easy target of the public sector.

Your job could be next; you have been warned.

rickmcfc said:
bluevengence said:

THEY ARE STRIKING OVER AN AGREED PAYCUT THAT THEY AGREED TO ONLY FOR BA TO ASK FOR MORE. GREED IS NOT AN ISSUE!!!

Some people should actually look at the issues rather than believe what the media is telling them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.