Bacary Sagna - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with the other full backs, his time is up. Why we start him at home when Clichy another waste of space is on the other side I have no idea. Even though Zabaleta can't defend properly anymore he offers more going forward.

Got far too much of the ball for someone who is unwilling or unable to attack.

Thought the chances we created at Boro were interesting, when we dragged the opponents left and then got Zabaleta and de Bruyne in space on the right. Both managed to find space and then direct the ball into the danger zone. I just don't think Sagna has it to get into those positions, and even if he did, I perish to think where the ball might end up. A wholehearted defender, but one whose attacking deficiencies narrows our options.

A good defender, but that is about it. He's been good for us, he was free after all

He's still got a year or so in him/, but lower down the league. He offers nothing at all going forward

Thought the chances we created at Boro were interesting, when we dragged the opponents left and then got Zabaleta and de Bruyne in space on the right. Both managed to find space and then direct the ball into the danger zone. I just don't think Sagna has it to get into those positions, and even if he did, I perish to think where the ball might end up. A wholehearted defender, but one whose attacking deficiencies narrows our options.

He shouldnt be playing against the weaker sides, those that have no intention of doing anything other than put XI men behind the ball. Against Stoke last week he was completely useless, he had no defending to do and he was completely unwilling to join in any attacks. Zabba might not be the player he once was but he looks like Messi in the opposition half in comparison to Sagna.

His time is done. Let him go West Ham in the summer. Stones had to constantly run over to cover for him. Can't cross the ball and can't even block a cross anymore.

His time is done. Let him go West Ham in the summer. Stones had to constantly run over to cover for him. Can't cross the ball and can't even block a cross anymore.

It's not even his defending, he is an experienced player in his 30s who plays like a 16 year old kid who is shit scared. Takes no responsibility, always looking for a 3 yard pass to his centre back. The guy is a fucking embarrassment. Yet some on here think he's been a good servant, they seem to have forgotten that his 1st season with us was a complete write-off and apart from a decent start to last season he has been an absolute disaster. I absolutely despise him.

It's not even his defending, he is an experienced player in his 30s who plays like a 16 year old kid who is shit scared. Takes no responsibility, always looking for a 3 yard pass to his centre back. The guy is a fucking embarrassment. Yet some on here think he's been a good servant, they seem to have forgotten that his 1st season with us was a complete write-off and apart from a decent start to last season he has been an absolute disaster. I absolutely despise him.
Agreed - for such an experienced player he has no passion, no ability to pass forward and can't stop a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.