Back pain/sciatica

For the past 6/8 months my back has been getting steadily worse, I’ve had X-rays and been to see the “experts” diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the spine and this is leading to really bad sciatica sometimes right leg sometimes left. I do lots of stretching now, lots of waking with my dog, however it’s the pain management I’m struggling with today I’ve had to take 800mg of ibuprofen, not ideal but needs must. Does anyone have any tips, im looking at going down the massage route but people are going on about CBD oil etc.
Years if not decades in the making this!

Slouching on chairs, lying down flat on your back in bed, not picking things up properly, tight hamstrings, tight lower back, tight piriformis, weak abs, weak quads, weak hip flexors, lack of stretching, lack of strengthening of muscles, imbalanced pelvic tilt, injuries… over many years all contribute to this.

Slouching on chairs, lying down flat on your back in bed, not picking things up properly, tight hamstrings, tight lower back, tight piriformis, weak abs, weak quads, weak hip flexors, lack of stretching, lack of strengthening of muscles, imbalanced pelvic tilt, injuries… over many years all contribute to this.
Thank Dr Phil, also bad football injury and the job are not conducive to helping either.

i can only add to the thread with my experience,keep off Tramadol infact keep off any prescription pain relief if you can, one day it just came and at the peak i couldnt even climb the stairs then one day some 10 years down the road i got up one morning and it took me two hours to realise the pain was no longer with me,it had gone and has not retured 15 years on

Jumping off wardrobes in a batman suit and being tied up and spanked/pissed on will also have taken its toll over the years.

For the past 6/8 months my back has been getting steadily worse, I’ve had X-rays and been to see the “experts” diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the spine and this is leading to really bad sciatica sometimes right leg sometimes left. I do lots of stretching now, lots of waking with my dog, however it’s the pain management I’m struggling with today I’ve had to take 800mg of ibuprofen, not ideal but needs must. Does anyone have any tips, im looking at going down the massage route but people are going on about CBD oil etc.
I think the best advice would be to contact some PL goalies. Everyone I've seen at The Etihad this season seems to be suffering from something similar. I expected the Brighton keeper to appear in the second half with a walking stick or a zimmer frame. He was shuffling about, collecting the ball, as though he was experiencing a bout of rheumatoid arthritis.

Bit of an update, had an MRI scan two weeks ago got told it takes 2 weeks to get results phoned up today and was told it’s 10 weeks! The NHS is fucked, blaming an IT failure yet again. I’m on a Gabipentin 2700mgs a day now, I feel like a smack head half the time and im still in pain, looks like I’m retiring on the sick, not the way I wanted to finish my career.
I’ve paid for 35 years into the shit show the one time I really need it and it’s failing me :( looks like I’ll end up going private if I need an operation as I reckon the wait will be years.
Im afraid the NHS is not fit for purpose now and something needs sorting people will be dying needlessly.

Bit of an update, had an MRI scan two weeks ago got told it takes 2 weeks to get results phoned up today and was told it’s 10 weeks! The NHS is fucked, blaming an IT failure yet again. I’m on a Gabipentin 2700mgs a day now, I feel like a smack head half the time and im still in pain, looks like I’m retiring on the sick, not the way I wanted to finish my career.
I’ve paid for 35 years into the shit show the one time I really need it and it’s failing me :( looks like I’ll end up going private if I need an operation as I reckon the wait will be years.
Im afraid the NHS is not fit for purpose now and something needs sorting people will be dying needlessly.
@Blue Maverick: who has mentioned an operation? Your first port of call must/should be physiotherapy. The NHS on Trafford are brilliant. Despite my Mri showing problems with 3 vertabrae, the clowns, sorry specialt neurologist and others decided it was migraines. Luckily a few days later I saw the head honcho at Trafford.
Sciatica is just another word for stenosis or in my case Severe Bilateral Forminal Narrowing. Different names but same thing.

Get physio, even if you have to pay but get a good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.