Back to normal, now what ??

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Peace and tranquillity shattered, bikers by the score screaming through the valleys closely followed by ambulance sirens....donor day is back with a vengance. Cant hear the birds or the peaceful hum of bees, back to normal then....
Thoughts of packing it all in and doing something different, semi retirement perhaps, has the world changed, is it for the good. Doubt it, we've just got to grips with the plastic waste thing and now the land and seas will be full of fucking 'PPE' all carefully and thoughtfully discarded by the great unwashed.
Does anybody actually fancy joining the massed throngs of workers again and putting their noses to the grindstone for a second time.......And boy, is this going to cost us and maybe our children and our childrens children.

Peace and tranquillity shattered, bikers by the score screaming through the valleys closely followed by ambulance sirens....donor day is back with a vengance. Cant hear the birds or the peaceful hum of bees, back to normal then....
Thoughts of packing it all in and doing something different, semi retirement perhaps, has the world changed, is it for the good. Doubt it, we've just got to grips with the plastic waste thing and now the land and seas will be full of fucking 'PPE' all carefully and thoughtfully discarded by the great unwashed.
Does anybody actually fancy joining the massed throngs of workers again and putting their noses to the grindstone for a second time.......And boy, is this going to cost us and maybe our children and our childrens children.
Retirement mate.
If you can afford it. It's fucking great.
I get up when I want, have a stroll, get a coffee.
Watch movies, read books, listen to music. Study shit you're interested in.
Travel...I've seen the world.

You're a long time dead.

With my sensory processing disorders the lockdown was a blessing in disguise for me.

Retirement mate.
If you can afford it. It's fucking great.
I get up when I want, have a stroll, get a coffee.
Watch movies, read books, listen to music. Study shit you're interested in.
Travel...I've seen the world.

You're a long time dead.

Exactly, hence the question.....personally I doubt if I could retire, semi retirement definately as I'd rather wear out than rust out so to speak....low boredom threshold.

It's turned me into an alcoholic explorer. Long walks in newly discovered countryside during the day. Absolutely hammered at night on white rum. When I do return to work I suspect my liver will thank me but I'll miss the long afternoon walks.

It's turned me into an alcoholic explorer. Long walks in newly discovered countryside during the day. Absolutely hammered at night on white rum. When I do return to work I suspect my liver will thank me but I'll miss the long afternoon walks.
I'd claim it gave me the same title.

I explored several previously untried whiskey's, which by definition surely makes me an alcoholic explorer?

I'd claim it gave me the same title.

I explored several previously untried whiskey's, which by definition surely makes me an alcoholic explorer?

If, like me, you were waking up fully clothed on the sofa at 3am with a mouth like Ghandi's flip flop then yeh.

I'm going to do a comic strip of that. The Alcoholic Explorer in....

"That Week on the Lash."

We can talk about contracts later. It's a winner Tom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.