Back to normal, now what ??

My mate big fat Louie just dropped by the house today. He retired on Friday aged 54 and is off to Greece next friday until Jan.
Bought a house in Nikiti and will be living here and over there for the foreseeable.
Good for him and good for me as now I have a place to stay for free.

Peace and tranquillity shattered, bikers by the score screaming through the valleys closely followed by ambulance sirens....donor day is back with a vengance. Cant hear the birds or the peaceful hum of bees, back to normal then....
Thoughts of packing it all in and doing something different, semi retirement perhaps, has the world changed, is it for the good. Doubt it, we've just got to grips with the plastic waste thing and now the land and seas will be full of fucking 'PPE' all carefully and thoughtfully discarded by the great unwashed.
Does anybody actually fancy joining the massed throngs of workers again and putting their noses to the grindstone for a second time.......And boy, is this going to cost us and maybe our children and our childrens children.
I, selfishly (I know a lot of people died and are dying), really liked lockdown life!

The pace of life really suited me. No alarm in the morning and just waking naturally; taking time to have some breakfast and a coffee; not worrying about getting to work by a certain time; not stressed about how much work I’ve got to do each day and how many people rely on me (I’m the only person who does my particular job at my workplace and the only one who knows how to do it and what’s entailed); having the time to do a proper training session at home or out in the park mid-morning; coming home to take some time making a tasty healthy meal; making sure the flat was nice and tidy all the time and all the jobs that needed doing were done; having an afternoon nap; listening to some tunes; going for an evening walk; coming back for an evening snack; and watching some decent films or documentaries before bed, without the stress of thinking I had to be up for work the next morning...

I wasn’t bored for a single second!

It has made me rethink my whole life. There’s more to life than working to live. How I’ll change that I have no idea but I know I’d be a great Lottery winner. Having loads of money and not working doesn’t suit some people. Some people either blow it or develop mental health problems, but I’d be someone who it suits down to the ground - it suited me with no money!

I, selfishly (I know a lot of people died and are dying), really liked lockdown life!

The pace of life really suited me. No alarm in the morning and just waking naturally; taking time to have some breakfast and a coffee; not worrying about getting to work by a certain time; not stressed about how much work I’ve got to do each day and how many people rely on me (I’m the only person who does my particular job at my workplace and the only one who knows how to do it and what’s entailed); having the time to do a proper training session at home or out in the park mid-morning; coming home to take some time making a tasty healthy meal; making sure the flat was nice and tidy all the time and all the jobs that needed doing were done; having an afternoon nap; listening to some tunes; going for an evening walk; coming back for an evening snack; and watching some decent films or documentaries before bed, without the stress of thinking I had to be up for work the next morning...

I wasn’t bored for a single second!

It has made me rethink my whole life. There’s more to life than working to live. How I’ll change that I have no idea but I know I’d be a great Lottery winner. Having loads of money and not working doesn’t suit some people. Some people either blow it or develop mental health problems, but I’d be someone who it suits down to the ground - it suited me with no money!

Agree with everything you're saying. I was off for 5 weeks on furlough, it was great. Got myself fit and felt loads better mentally. I told myself that my priorities had changed but have soon fallen back into the trap of working like mad. I've got a good job and feel lucky to still be working but it doesn't stimulate me at all. I am just working and waiting for the day I can retire, which is a horrible feeling at a reasonably young age I must say.

My mate big fat Louie just dropped by the house today. He retired on Friday aged 54 and is off to Greece next friday until Jan.
Bought a house in Nikiti and will be living here and over there for the foreseeable.
Good for him and good for me as now I have a place to stay for free.
I hope he has done his PLF form...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.