Baking Release Agent?

Armaan

Just bought a waffle iron and to set it up its asking me to use a "baking Release agent". Anyone got a clue what that is? Everyone I've asked hasn't a clue and even google is no help. Hope someone can help, I'm pretty excited to to make some waffles!

Just bought a waffle iron and to set it up its asking me to use a "baking Release agent". Anyone got a clue what that is? Everyone I've asked hasn't a clue and even google is no help. Hope someone can help, I'm pretty excited to to make some waffles!
It's literally a bit of oil or butter to stop the food sticking.

It's literally a bit of oil or butter to stop the food sticking.
That's what I thought, I've tried butter but it seems as though I'm having to grease the waffle iron with butter before every waffle I'm making. Was told I'd only have to do it before the first that I make that's why I presumed it may be a mistake when I first set it up.

That's what I thought, I've tried butter but it seems as though I'm having to grease the waffle iron with butter before every waffle I'm making. Was told I'd only have to do it before the first that I make that's why I presumed it may be a mistake when I first set it up.

It's easier to use a spray on oil. That's what I have always used on my waffle maker. Never had any problems.

It's easier to use a spray on oil. That's what I have always used on my waffle maker. Never had any problems.
Cheers bud. Any particular oil you could recommend? And with yours do you also have to spray it on each time you make a waffle?

Just a basic sunflower oil spray from Tesco, mate. I've used an olive oil spray in the past as well but found it to be more of a pain in the arse when cleaning between the plates of the waffle. I normally give the waffle plates a quick spray before every batch. Be careful with the amount of goop you put in. My first few attempts had also cooked several waffles worth onto the outside of the machine.

Enjoy your waffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.