Bale to City in the Summer?

Swales lives said:
Reported in the Metro today. Whether it comes off is another matter, but I think the timing of this story is brilliant. Harry will be twitchin' like a good 'un over this.

Mancini - 'He will be our strongest target - if Tottenham decide to put him on the market in the summer. He will be possibly the only player who is not a striker that can make a difference [to our squad].'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/852516-gareth-bale-is-man-citys-top-summer-transfer-target-roberto-mancini#ixzz1Aqhubrdu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... z1Aqhubrdu</a>

This story broke on skysports yesterday and the quotes were in a completely different context

"Now you would need a lot of money (to sign him). He is a very expensive player. Certainly, Juve with Bale would gain a lot.

"Moreover, what is certain is that if Tottenham decides to put him on the market, Bale would be the strongest target in the summer.

"Perhaps he (Bale) is the only player who is not a striker that can make a difference. Without him, Tottenham loses 50% of their potential."

He was talking to the Italian press about the possibility of Juve signing him.
If he is on the market he will be THE strongest target [for everyone]
The only player not a striker to make a difference [in a game situation]

Funny how these quotes can get twisted

they've not even twisted the quotes, but theyv actually changed the wording completely from what i read yesterday

dref619 said:
they've not even twisted the quotes, but theyv actually changed the wording completely from what i read yesterday

Well yeah, i guess twisting wasnt the best way of putting it. Its almost a complete edit

I think we will go for him but it will depend on many factors.

Spurs are a club that can resist selling the players that they believe are off limits.

We will have to get another striker in over the summer no doubt possibly two depending on what happens to our current crop.

Why do City fans care what a transfer fee is?

We throw money around like confetti. Some sticks. Some doesn't.

If he's good enough let the Sheikh worry about the fee.

Didsbury Dave said:

Because many of us care deeply about the club and its reputation and aren't children playing top trumps.

Didsbury Dave said:

Ok lets just give Spuds extra money to improve there team.

RAG!

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Because many of us care deeply about the club and its reputation and aren't children playing top trumps.

What has an incoming transfer fee got to do with reputation?

When in comes to tranfers our reputation is that we pay big bucks for whoever we want.

Whether we pay £25 or £45 mill for Gareth Bale that won't change one iota.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.