Bale to City in the Summer?

C_T_I_D said:
No thank you. Harry is immense in the transfer window (just look at Modric and VdV) so to give him £50,000,000 for a player I feel is overhyped and overrated is ludicrus in my opinion.
Yep, well said. Round of applauds for bringing sense to the forum. One FUCKING season!

C_T_I_D said:
No thank you. Harry is immense in the transfer window (just look at Modric and VdV) so to give him £50,000,000 for a player I feel is overhyped and overrated is ludicrus in my opinion.

He didn't sign Modric.

He has also signed players such as Chimbonda Robbie Keane, Palacios etc

For anyone who has seen the film Zoolander (and without casting too many aspersions, I'm going to guess not many of you have), cast your mind to the scene where Will Farrell is screaming about Zoolander only having one look, and feeling like he's on crazy pills for bring the only one to see through the madness.

It sums up my feelings on Bale perfectly. The guy does two bloody things, run, and always cut to his left foot to cross. His performance against Inter in the first leg he got so much praise for, he hoofed it around Maicon, beat him in nothing more than a running race, and scored 3 nion identical sodding goals! Every time I see him what does he do? Try and be clever, hoof it, run onto it and hit it with his left foot. If he has nowhere to run? Tap it about before, surprise, cutting onto his left foot. It's not surprising in the least he's been kept completely and utterly silenced by a few full backs this season already, anyone with even half an ounce of sense by the looks of it.

Modric must be seriously pissed off at all the constant Bale hype. He's a far better player.

Needs another season at the very least. See if more fullbacks get wise to him, see if he can expand his game to counter it. Until then he's little more than media hysteria with a fair assist/goal record.

I think Bale is a bit overrated too. People compare him to Messi and CR7. But in fact..he doesn't shine as often as they do. I agree with post above that he is good at running past defenders with the ball and crossing. But he has often very quiet games.

I see none of you watched Mancinis 2nd wolves interview did you?

The interview he confirmed it was rubbish and he will never try to buy bale...

End of topic.

Ship has sailed on this one. Would cost £30 - £40 million now we cant make that sort of move for a fullback now with FFP comming in. Anyway he can have his pick of any club in europe at the moment on current form, Real Madrid, Ac milan, Inter you name it they want him.

Time to get him was when we scouted under Hughes rein. Says it all really. Why sign a talented young left back / winger for £10 million with lots of potential to improve when you can get a washed up bench warmer from Chelsea heading towards his 30s for £12 million ?

if we are looking for a left winger we can go for someone like Jesus naves not bale and navas played the world cup too and he showed what he got which to me is far better than what bale is doing in spurs,Bale is a good player but not that excellent for that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.