Bale to City in the Summer?

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
Reported in the Metro today. Whether it comes off is another matter, but I think the timing of this story is brilliant. Harry will be twitchin' like a good 'un over this.

Mancini - 'He will be our strongest target - if Tottenham decide to put him on the market in the summer. He will be possibly the only player who is not a striker that can make a difference [to our squad].'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/852516-gareth-bale-is-man-citys-top-summer-transfer-target-roberto-mancini#ixzz1Aqhubrdu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... z1Aqhubrdu</a>

There are some players who are brilliant and occasionally go for bargain fees, there are others who are shite players who go for way too much money, but in Bales case it is a mix of the two, his being a tremendous player, but in my opinion not substantially better than some lessor players, or certainly not that much better to command a likely ridiculously extortionate fee.

personally think Bale's pace makes him a very attractive prospect for any club, he'd do well for us. and he's young enough he can keep improving. One hard knock though..... :/

In light of the reports that emerged, Mancini has moved to clarify his position - insisting he is not planning any bid for Bale.

"I did an interview with an Italian newspaper," Mancini said. "The journalist asked me about Bale. I said he was a fantastic player and said he has played very well.

"I never said I wanted to buy him. We are not thinking about that

Robbo. said:
The only time I would pay that sort of money for Bale is if he has 3 seasons like the season he is having at the moment. Harry remember was going to put him on loan for a short while as he didnt cut the mustard.

As a fullback. If we want him we will have to go for him in the summer, otherwise someone else will get him.

I don't think he said this ... he said Bale would be a top transfer target for Italian clubs after his showing against Inter. The interview was with an Italian publication.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.