Ballon d'or 2019 - Bernardo and Mahrez in top 10

Better than Bernardo last year? Nope.

For me, yes. He was the main culprit for Liverpool's CL success and 97 points in the league. He didn't put a foot wrong for whole season. Bernardo was great, but he was a part of well oiled machine, one that was going strong for some time as a collective, van Diyk transformed Liverpool from almost good to team that fights for the very top at home and abroad. His last season was, if not best, than certainly one of the best I've ever seen from CB. He was everywhere and stopping almost anything.

For me, yes. He was the main culprit for Liverpool's CL success and 97 points in the league. He didn't put a foot wrong for whole season. Bernardo was great, but he was a part of well oiled machine, one that was going strong for some time as a collective, van Diyk transformed Liverpool from almost good to team that fights for the very top at home and abroad. His last season was, if not best, than certainly one of the best I've ever seen from CB. He was everywhere and stopping almost anything.
Did you ever watch vincent kompany live? A beast.

Did you ever watch vincent kompany live? A beast.

Yes, I did. And yes, he was fucking amazing at his prime. But I'm not sure he ever had a season where he barely made a mistake. Van Diyk had one last year. He was almost faultless. I've seen many more great CB's for 30+ years and as I said, I'm not sure I've ever witnessed such a good season from a CB. They guy was close to perfection last year. Nowhere close this season, though still world class, but last year he was crazy good.

How the fuck has Ronaldo made top 3 again. Has he had that good a year?

Don't you know?

The insciber of the Ballon D'or trophy lost the box containing the letters of the alphabet that he uses to etch around years ago but he told no fcuker for fear of getting the sack..!

However at the time and after checking the hoover bag, the back of the sofa and the dog basket he managed to locate 10 of the 26 letters and he's used these ever since to etch the winners name on the trophy ..

The ones he managed to find were..

S, M, I, E
D, O, A, R, N, L,

... and the useless ****'s at UEFA have never rumbled him..!

Yes, I did. And yes, he was fucking amazing at his prime. But I'm not sure he ever had a season where he barely made a mistake. Van Diyk had one last year. He was almost faultless. I've seen many more great CB's for 30+ years and as I said, I'm not sure I've ever witnessed such a good season from a CB. They guy was close to perfection last year. Nowhere close this season, though still world class, but last year he was crazy good.
I hardly watched him. Yes he's a good player but he isn't as good as you make him out to be.
He gets turned far too easy.
He's a bit like otamendi sometimes where he wants to tackle you in the centre circle which results in a bit gap behind you.
I lost count the amount of times he's seen running back after being caught out of position, possibly the Napoli match was an example.
He never stops moaning.
He's to blame for alissons red card as again he's out of position.

He's not all that mate, take him out the starting 11 and Liverpool are in big trouble.
Not having it he was immense last year, very good yes but not amazing.

In all honesty though, how the fuck is Bernado 9th? If messi wins it he should be 2nd. Id argue he should be first. Integral part of a domestic clean sweep (1st in history) and won the Nations cup with Portugal.
You think Bernardo was better than Messi last year? The man scored 51 goals in all competitions. That's absurd. As much as I like Bernardo, Messi was the best player by a mile and deserves it.

I hardly watched him. Yes he's a good player but he isn't as good as you make him out to be.
He gets turned far too easy.
He's a bit like otamendi sometimes where he wants to tackle you in the centre circle which results in a bit gap behind you.
I lost count the amount of times he's seen running back after being caught out of position, possibly the Napoli match was an example.
He never stops moaning.
He's to blame for alissons red card as again he's out of position.

He's not all that mate, take him out the starting 11 and Liverpool are in big trouble.
Not having it he was immense last year, very good yes but not amazing.

How do you know how good he was if you hardly watched him? I barely watch Liverpool this year and when I did he was not as good as last year, but last year I watched most of their games and he was phenomenal. I don't care if he is likeable or not, I'm just talking about what he was doing on football pitches and that was top, top class. He was one man defence, stopping fucking everything and was making me mad each game in that run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.