Ballon d'or 2019 - Bernardo and Mahrez in top 10

You think Bernardo was better than Messi last year? The man scored 51 goals in all competitions. That's absurd. As much as I like Bernardo, Messi was the best player by a mile and deserves it.

Look, let's remove all players from the pitches and leave just strikers so they can have even better stats and win all awards.

Van Diyk surely stopped opposition teams scoring far more than 51 goals, why would his contribution be less valued than Messi's? It's crazy how football world is rating only attacking players and how easy is to be the one. If you're striker and score a goal per game, you're phenomenon and will cost 200 million, even if you miss 3 sitters each game. Yet defenders can stop 20 attacks each game, but if they don't stop one, they are shit. Don't let me start on poor goalkeepers. It's pathetically narrow view of football that ends with Pepe being paid 70 million and us backing from paying that much for van Diyk for ex.

How do you know how good he was if you hardly watched him? I barely watch Liverpool this year and when I did he was not as good as last year, but last year I watched most of their games and he was phenomenal. I don't care if he is likeable or not, I'm just talking about what he was doing on football pitches and that was top, top class. He was one man defence, stopping fucking everything and was making me mad each game in that run.
Why aren't you watching Liverpool as much as last year?
I'm getting confused now.

For me, yes. He was the main culprit for Liverpool's CL success and 97 points in the league. He didn't put a foot wrong for whole season. Bernardo was great, but he was a part of well oiled machine, one that was going strong for some time as a collective, van Diyk transformed Liverpool from almost good to team that fights for the very top at home and abroad. His last season was, if not best, than certainly one of the best I've ever seen from CB. He was everywhere and stopping almost anything.
Star player in a 13 game tournament when they lost 3 out of 6 group games to PSG, Napoli and Red Star, and semi versus Barcelona.
Those 3 DM in front of him playing no part whatsoever.

Look, let's remove all players from the pitches and leave just strikers so they can have even better stats and win all awards.

Van Diyk surely stopped opposition teams scoring far more than 51 goals, why would his contribution be less valued than Messi's? It's crazy how football world is rating only attacking players and how easy is to be the one. If you're striker and score a goal per game, you're phenomenon and will cost 200 million, even if you miss 3 sitters each game. Yet defenders can stop 20 attacks each game, but if they don't stop one, they are shit. Don't let me start on poor goalkeepers. It's pathetically narrow view of football that ends with Pepe being paid 70 million and us backing from paying that much for van Diyk for ex.
I didn't say anything about Van Dijk and I partly agree with you in that there should be a Ballon D'or award for every position on the pitch. However ,let me ask you one question. If you are building a team from scratch and the first player you are offered to choose either Van Dijk or Messi without knowing how good the other 10 players would be, who would you choose?

Star player in a 13 game tournament when they lost 3 out of 6 group games to PSG, Napoli and Red Star, and semi versus Barcelona.
Those 3 DM in front of him playing no part whatsoever.

I thought those in front of him were shit, that's what most people say unless it is used to dismiss what van diyk did last season.

When they announced the top 10 and I saw we had two players in there I jokingly said they’d come 9th and 10th knowing these awards but didn’t realise they actually would.

How Cristiano Ronaldo is in the top three is beyond me. Glad it went to Messi, well deserved.

I didn't say anything about Van Dijk and I partly agree with you in that there should be a Ballon D'or award for every position on the pitch. However ,let me ask you one question. If you are building a team from scratch and the first player you are offered to choose either Van Dijk or Messi without knowing how good the other 10 players would be, who would you choose?

It would be Messi of course. Though, I'd feel shit to not being able to pick the other one too as he is one in many moons to cover that important position.

But for award, I'm looking at bigger picture as I think van Diyk transformed Liverpool from an almost team to one that was 2nd best in the world last year. For that alone, he was my MVP of last year as he was the biggest influence in outcome of some high-end football competitions last year.

Hahahaha just seen this,Go on messi,I’m glad van dick didn’t win,wouldn’t of heard the last of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.