Ballon d'or 2019 - Bernardo and Mahrez in top 10

See this was also the excuse when Salah beat De Bruyne to the award. His individual performance is better because he's carrying an inferior team. Funny that Liverpool fans claim to have the best front three, the best CB, the best full backs, the best goalkeeper, and nowadays even the best DM in Fabinho, but when these awards come up, they point to how our performances should be seen in the context of being surrounded by great players, while theirs should be recognised on their own merits.

Individual awards should be individual awards. I was always against Messi and Ronaldo winning them when they teams were winning CL. Both of them should have less ballons then they have.

Salah vs De Bruyne was tricky one, to be honest. De Bruyne was easily the best in first part of the season but his standard dropped a bit in 2nd part, while Salah did opposite, peaked just about at the time the votes were being sent and on the end scored 30+ goals that happens pretty rare. Both of them deserved it that year, but Salah got it partly because he was liverpool player and Kev City player, I definitely support opinion that we are discriminated in these awards as before Pep only two managers who won the league in a decade that haven't won manage or the year awards were Mancini and Pellegrini, while none of our players ever won POTY award; and partly because strikers are favored in all individual awards with goals being used as argument. I hate that as I don't think they're more important than players on other positions, but that's how it is unfortunately. It's easier to market strikers so the money plays.

To be fair, it's an award for one season, not an entire career. Having said that, Messi and Ronaldo basically have a whole career of their representatives campaigning for this award.

Nonsense. There’s no marketing machine that is comparable to Mendes & Perez for CR

Ballon D'Or has lost credibility mainly due to how marketing hijacked it - if an individual award is set up to acknowledge the best overall player of each calendar year then no one tops Messi, every year. The greatest footballers to play the game for the most part have reiterated this very sentiment

I remember several years ago when he had eclipsed 400 career goals and the commentator marveled about what his video compilation of goals will eventually look like when he one day retires. I thought, what will his highlight compilation look like when he retires? What makes him stand out is hardly his goals alone, if anything it is everything else he does in matches - the moments of audacious brilliance with brutal consistency over more than a decade. No one has come close to this in any sport, an anomaly - and continues to evolve & evoke pure joy. No award or collection of them can ever define what sets him apart

We're fortunate to live in this Messi-anic era

Nonsense. There’s no marketing machine that is comparable to Mendes & Perez for CR

Ballon D'Or has lost credibility mainly due to how marketing hijacked it - if an individual award is set up to acknowledge the best overall player of each calendar year then no one tops Messi, every year. The greatest footballers to play the game for the most part have reiterated this very sentiment

I remember several years ago when he had eclipsed 400 career goals and the commentator marveled about what his video compilation of goals will eventually look like when he one day retires. I thought, what will his highlight compilation look like when he retires? What makes him stand out is hardly his goals alone, if anything it is everything else he does in matches - the moments of audacious brilliance with brutal consistency over more than a decade. No one has come close to this in any sport, an anomaly - and continues to evolve & evoke pure joy. No award or collection of them can ever define what sets him apart

We're fortunate to live in this Messi-anic era

A Messianic era! A Saviour? A God?

Hopefully the outpouring of grief to VVD is over whelming and he suffers a fucking mental breakdown when he believes that he's been wronged after being told he should have won it too many time by the cultish twunts.

Ballon d'Or 2019 awarded on Dec 2nd, probably a few weeks after votes have been cast.... why not wait until 2019 has finished and have an awards night in early January?

Given by the reactions online by them that VVD has been robbed , its only fitting thaT VVD take an extended break from the game ! :)

Hopefully the outpouring of grief to VVD is over whelming and he suffers a fucking mental breakdown when he believes that he's been wronged after being told he should have won it too many time by the cultish twunts.
So many spelling mistakes..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.