Ban Them For Life

yeh i think the video dosnt give enough evedence on its own although there is a frozen frame which says a definate yes, it will most likely go to the CPS and be returned not in the public interest, cant see how the club can ban him if he's not prosecuted,that would be like a staement saying guilty without a hearing so i think the clubs hands are tied

City have banned loads of fans who haven’t been prosecuted, and often for things far less serious than what this person is being accused of.

When we won the league against West Ham in 2014, after Kompany scored the 2nd goal someone near us let a flare off and dropped it on the floor. My mate - somewhat naively - picked it up and waved it above his head in celebration for 2 or 3 seconds before dropping it. The stewards spotted him and moved in about 10 minutes later. The police got involved as well and we spent much of the rest of the half on the concourse trying to sort it out. He fessed up and was totally co-operative but they had to cart him off down the station anyway presumably as a procedure. About an hour or two after the game ended, commonsense prevailed and they released him without charge. He thought that would be the end of it but I had this niggling feeling that it wasn’t, and sure enough he got a letter off City some days later saying he was banned for the whole of the following season. Numerous appeals fell on deaf ears.

City have banned loads of fans who haven’t been prosecuted, and often for things far less serious than what this person is being accused of.

When we won the league against West Ham in 2014, after Kompany scored the 2nd goal someone near us let a flare off and dropped it on the floor. My mate - somewhat naively - picked it up and waved it above his head in celebration for 2 or 3 seconds before dropping it. The stewards spotted him and moved in about 10 minutes later. The police got involved as well and we spent much of the rest of the half on the concourse trying to sort it out. He fessed up and was totally co-operative but they had to cart him off down the station anyway presumably as a procedure. About an hour or two after the game ended, commonsense prevailed and they released him without charge. He thought that would be the end of it but I had this niggling feeling that it wasn’t, and sure enough he got a letter off City some days later saying he was banned for the whole of the following season. Numerous appeals fell on deaf ears.
ive heard many stories such as yours infact i had a problem with city concerning my lad who was taken out by police and not charged but the club banned him,i wrote to the head of security(Fletcher) and told them they had no evidence what so ever of any incident and to lift the ban or i would drag the club through the civil courts,''they dropped the ban to my surprise'' however my lad stuck the finger up and has never set foot in the place for 8 years because of the way he was treated, the guy at the derby 'accused' will be very hard to prove,the club cant say your banned because we think your guilty, under normal procedure the clubs action is determind by the police outcome charged equals ban & no charge equals no ban,all be it in your case he was caught with the flare in his possesion and thats very hard to talk yourself out of

Hmm. I remember similar incidents in a Derby game with Beckham at a corner. I also remember going away to play Bradford City with Joe Royle's side the season we went down and the least said about that day the better.
hahhaahha the Beckham incident,didnt he pretend to pick the coins up and put them in his pocket?

ive heard many stories such as yours infact i had a problem with city concerning my lad who was taken out by police and not charged but the club banned him,i wrote to the head of security(Fletcher) and told them they had no evidence what so ever of any incident and to lift the ban or i would drag the club through the civil courts,''they dropped the ban to my surprise'' however my lad stuck the finger up and has never set foot in the place for 8 years because of the way he was treated, the guy at the derby 'accused' will be very hard to prove,the club cant say your banned because we think your guilty, under normal procedure the clubs action is determind by the police outcome charged equals ban & no charge equals no ban,all be it in your case he was caught with the flare in his possesion and thats very hard to talk yourself out of

Was that when we were in the key 103 stand ? Persistent standing ?

Fletcher is an utter arrogant man, never wants to hear the fans point of view, he just takes the stewards word as gospel

I suspect guilty or not in the eyes of the Police or CPS that this guy's getting a LIFETIME ban.
Didnt we already have a statement from a supporter behind him on here it was definitely ratcially aggrevated and the bloke behaved like a complete knobhead spoiling for a scrap and knocking elderly women about during his shitty behaviour.
I want him banned anyway, I don't want his kind in the ground and I'm pretty sure City don't either. I'm no shrinking violet or snowflake but this guy seems to be everything in society I abhor.

yeh i think the video dosnt give enough evedence on its own although there is a frozen frame which says a definate yes, it will most likely go to the CPS and be returned not in the public interest, cant see how the club can ban him if he's not prosecuted,that would be like a staement saying guilty without a hearing so i think the clubs hands are tied
It's definitely in the public interest-it's whether it passes the evidential test. City will ban him either way and rightly so.

Fletcher is an utter arrogant man, never wants to hear the fans point of view, he just takes the stewards word as gospel

I think Felcher has left the club now.

It’s interesting that in twenty five years of matches, I’ve never once come close to being ejected. I’ve been too drunk, abusive and ready to explode on more than occasion - yet never had an issue with security.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.