Bands at half time - 1992ish

183sash

Just seen a video on YouTube of Undercover doing Baker Street at half time v QPR , first ever MNF on Sky in 1992 . Did we ever have any other bands playing at half time back when Sky first started showing footy ? I would normally of gone for a wee and a pint

We were at Highbury for a City night game in the seats to the left of the clock end trying to get a beer at half time and all of a sudden at top volume Shamen was blasting out Ebeneezer Goode, didn't watch em just hit the ale,

Think it was a one off because as you say it was the first ever Monday night football. Dancing girls, fireworks and live bands

Remember that game at Highbury when The Shamen did Ebeneezer Goode
during half time at an Arsenal v City match.
Remember the song being jeered by the majority of the away section. Maybe the City fans present that night were showing that they did not want to condone taking recreational drugs?!
At the time I remember the band saying it wasn't about taking Ecstasy (even though the chorus went something like 'E's are good E's are good'). Some years later however I did read that the singer admitted he was actually high on Ecstasy when doing the song on Top of The Pops!

Remember that game at Highbury when The Shamen did Ebeneezer Goode
during half time at an Arsenal v City match.
Remember the song being jeered by the majority of the away section. Maybe the City fans present that night were showing that they did not want to condone taking recreational drugs?!
At the time I remember the band saying it wasn't about taking Ecstasy (even though the chorus went something like 'E's are good E's are good'). Some years later however I did read that the singer admitted he was actually high on Ecstasy when doing the song on Top of The Pops!
Naughty, naughty, very naughty

From what I recall about the Undercover performance
I was working away down south and always stayed over on Mondays. I remember watching it in s pub and they were miming well out of sync
At our next home game when chatting to the people who stood in the same area of the kippax, I was told that as it was so bad they performed it again, although the second one wasn't shown on sky
Does anyone have any recollection of a second performance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.