Bands at half time - 1992ish

I remember Cleopatra at Maine Road, that’s about it
Feckinhell you must be old !
I didn't know we were going that far back & they (the scousers & the rags ) say we got no history .
Did she come on to the pitch at halftime in a bath of milk ?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember preston away many moons ago when a young salford rag , opera singer russell watson was the entertainment ?
The city fans heckled him all the way through his songs & he could hardly be heard , he left the pitch in a huff .

Remember that game at Highbury when The Shamen did Ebeneezer Goode
during half time at an Arsenal v City match.
Remember the song being jeered by the majority of the away section. Maybe the City fans present that night were showing that they did not want to condone taking recreational drugs?!
At the time I remember the band saying it wasn't about taking Ecstasy (even though the chorus went something like 'E's are good E's are good'). Some years later however I did read that the singer admitted he was actually high on Ecstasy when doing the song on Top of The Pops!
I jeered them because I thought they were shite, Shameless would have been a better band name.

Remember a plastic liverpool "fan" from school accomponying us to a game at Maine Rd some time in late 80s. He'd never been to a game before and asked in all seriousness if there would be a brass band at HT. As this is what he wouldve seen watching cup finals and internationals live.
We played Leicester in the league at Maine Road on Good Friday 1969, when we knew we were going to meet in the FA Cup Final a few weeks later. It was a bit of a gala occasion therefore and I remember there was a marching brass band on the pitch at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.