Bands at half time - 1992ish

I can remember the Beswick Prize Band at Maine Road.
I remember that band too. They marched round, playing proper good old march tunes. The leader - I think his name was Albert Risby or Rigby, and he used to throw his stick high up in the air and caught it as it came down. We all hopes he'd drop it but he never did.
Btw,if you support Hibs as well (as it says by your username) then you'll recall City playing Hibs in a friendly at Maine Road. Hibs won 4-2 and a player called Souness scored all four Hibs goals.

We've certainly managed to take a few 'comedy penalties' ourselves over the past few seasons haven't we!! (Apart from that is, as another poster pointed out on another thread, in penalty shoot outs which we always seem to win).

I remember that band too. They marched round, playing proper good old march tunes. The leader - I think his name was Albert Risby or Rigby, and he used to throw his stick high up in the air and caught it as it came down. We all hopes he'd drop it but he never did.
Btw,if you support Hibs as well (as it says by your username) then you'll recall City playing Hibs in a friendly at Maine Road. Hibs won 4-2 and a player called Souness scored all four Hibs goals.
I didn’t move to Edinburgh until 1987. We left Manchester for Coventry in 1977 and moved to Leicester in 1983.

I can’t find a record of a Hibs win at Maine Road. There was a 1-1 draw in 1959. Hibs did beat City 5-2 in 1957 in a friendly at Easter Road.

Graeme Souness was born in Edinburgh but never played for Hibs.

He did play for Rangers at Easter Road from 1986 in his debut as player manager. His first match ended in a bloodbath with him being sent off and 21 players being booked. Only Hibs’ goalkeeper Alan Rough escaped a card! Hibs won 2-1.

The only Souness who appeared to have played for Hibs was Jim Souness who never established himself in the first team and moved to Hearts. He was killed in a mountaineering accident in 1960 after retiring.

Who was that bloke who sang ‘Blue Moon’ before the Pollock/Margetson QPR game?

God loves a trier but even with what followed, I think it was the worst performance of the day.

I was a deep sea diver, I had a big job on that needed to be done in 2 parts, at the half time break I came to the surface too quickly and got the bends at half time, oh bands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.