Bands at half time - 1992ish

I remember the German shepherd city and United dogs at old Trafford derby and also showing them at Elland rd Leeds United German shep and city shep going through their paces with the police. Good entertainment that. Anyone else remember this?

Liam & Noel Gallagher ,1st home game of the season against Portsmouth , prob frank clark time has manager ?
They came on the pitch & headed straight for The North Stand, giving the Vsigns to portsmouth fans ,fair play to pompey fans they saw the funny side of it .
Most of them did. I can remember a couple of dickheads calling into 606 after the game and claiming Liam G “incited a riot”

I didn’t move to Edinburgh until 1987. We left Manchester for Coventry in 1977 and moved to Leicester in 1983.

I can’t find a record of a Hibs win at Maine Road. There was a 1-1 draw in 1959. Hibs did beat City 5-2 in 1957 in a friendly at Easter Road.

Graeme Souness was born in Edinburgh but never played for Hibs.

He did play for Rangers at Easter Road from 1986 in his debut as player manager. His first match ended in a bloodbath with him being sent off and 21 players being booked. Only Hibs’ goalkeeper Alan Rough escaped a card! Hibs won 2-1.

The only Souness who appeared to have played for Hibs was Jim Souness who never established himself in the first team and moved to Hearts. He was killed in a mountaineering accident in 1960 after retiring.
Thanks for your interesting reply. However, I've just checked up with Ray Gobel's "Manchester City- A complete Record 1887-1987", which lists friendlies as well as competitive games. It confirms that on March 8 1q952, Hibs won 4-1 not 4-2, as I said) at Maine Rd. I was actually at that game as a young lad, and Souness definitely scored all 4 Hibs goals. It must have been Jim Souness.
Hope this clears the matter up, JGL

Thanks for your interesting reply. However, I've just checked up with Ray Gobel's "Manchester City- A complete Record 1887-1987", which lists friendlies as well as competitive games. It confirms that on March 8 1q952, Hibs won 4-1 not 4-2, as I said) at Maine Rd. I was actually at that game as a young lad, and Souness definitely scored all 4 Hibs goals. It must have been Jim Souness.
Hope this clears the matter up, JGL
Cheers for the information. I found a reference to the 1952 match but no score was given.

Jim Souness played in the same position as Gordon Smith. That’s presumably why he was unable to establish himself in the Hibs team.

Cheers for the information. I found a reference to the 1952 match but no score was given.

Jim Souness played in the same position as Gordon Smith. That’s presumably why he was unable to establish himself in the Hibs team.
I remember Gordon Smith - did he not form part of a formidable forward line of Smith, Turnbull, Reilly, Johnstone & Ormond?
Strange how childhood memories come flooding back when triggered off by a name from the past. And I used to love digesting bits of information about football, which stood me in good stead when I went in for TV quizzes.. ..and I could reel off whole teams, when they all had the 2-3-5 formation and reading them out had a lovely rhythm.

I remember Gordon Smith - did he not form part of a formidable forward line of Smith, Turnbull, Reilly, Johnstone & Ormond?
Strange how childhood memories come flooding back when triggered off by a name from the past. And I used to love digesting bits of information about football, which stood me in good stead when I went in for TV quizzes.. ..and I could reel off whole teams, when they all had the 2-3-5 formation and reading them out had a lovely rhythm.
Gordon Smith is unique in that he won the Scottish League with three different clubs, none of them Rangers or Celtic. He left Hibs at 34 and joined Hearts and won his fourth title before moving to Dundee for another title aged 37. He reached the European Cup semi-final with both Hibs and Dundee.

Liam & Noel Gallagher ,1st home game of the season against Portsmouth , prob frank clark time has manager ?
They came on the pitch & headed straight for The North Stand, giving the Vsigns to portsmouth fans ,fair play to pompey fans they saw the funny side of it .
I remember that. I don't recall them seeing the funny side of it though, I was close to the away support and they were going nuts after Liam gave em' the V's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.