Bands or artists from where you live or were born

Got asked to join Slaughter 2 just before Covid so it never happened. It's fronted by Ed Banger of Nosebleeds fame and Brian Grantham from SATD. Brian is my nephews wife's uncle and was in one of my bands a few years back. Malcolm Pitt had my house before me and funnily enough, so did Drakan Kusmanov who is credited on the Queen Live Killers album. He did the lighting rig. Barry James taught me my first meaningful guitar riffs, still a good mate.
A few you missed-
Hughie Flint lived on Solway rd, spoke to him a few years back on Facebook.
Paul Young Sad Cafe lived on Hollyhedge rd, I was in a band with his son and Blue Dallas who used to post on here. Lemmy used to live in a few houses round here too.
The Hollies I think were from Didsbury.
Billy Duffy was from Baguley I think.
Andy Wilson, drummer who played in Swing out Sister and George Duke's of Zappa fames band, he was from around Hollyhedge rd too. Jason Orange.
Lyn Paul of the New Seekers.
Probably missed a few..

Here's Barry James at the first round of X Factor auditions at the swamp. piss funny at the end, typical Barry. Lol.

Shit yeah Paul Young and Jason Orange, think he lived on Broakoak road was it ? I remember he used to take his Lino onto Civic and do his body popping stuff with his mates .

PS Barry’s never changed since he was a kid, always been like that.

Chris Martin of Coldplay was Exeter born and bred. Joss Stone lived in Collumpton, Muse were from Teignmouth, and Dave Cousins of the Strawbs lived near Honiton for a while. The only other one I can think of was Hank Marvin, who lived in a little village called Southleigh (again near Honiton) during the 1970's. According to my mum, he used to go door-knocking in the area (Jehovah's Witness). I like to think it's true and that she (my mum) told him to bugger off.....

Shit yeah Paul Young and Jason Orange, think he lived on Broakoak road was it ? I remember he used to take his Lino onto Civic and do his body popping stuff with his mates .

PS Barry’s never changed since he was a kid, always been like that.
Yep Broadoak.
Yeah man, Barry's a loon. He once threw a pair of Phil Lynott's undies in my face.

Got asked to join Slaughter 2 just before Covid so it never happened. It's fronted by Ed Banger of Nosebleeds fame and Brian Grantham from SATD. Brian is my nephews wife's uncle and was in one of my bands a few years back. Malcolm Pitt had my house before me and funnily enough, so did Drakan Kusmanov who is credited on the Queen Live Killers album. He did the lighting rig. Barry James taught me my first meaningful guitar riffs, still a good mate.
A few you missed-
Hughie Flint lived on Solway rd, spoke to him a few years back on Facebook.
Paul Young Sad Cafe lived on Hollyhedge rd, I was in a band with his son and Blue Dallas who used to post on here. Lemmy used to live in a few houses round here too.
The Hollies I think were from Didsbury.
Billy Duffy was from Baguley I think.
Andy Wilson, drummer who played in Swing out Sister and George Duke's of Zappa fames band, he was from around Hollyhedge rd too. Jason Orange.
Lyn Paul of the New Seekers.
Probably missed a few..

Here's Barry James at the first round of X Factor auditions at the swamp. piss funny at the end, typical Barry. Lol.

The Hollies ...Didsbury?? not sure about that fella, Clarke / Nash Salford at least.

M
Kind of knew of quite a few as our kid was heavily into the music scene and in various bands when I was growing up, would often see Johnny Marr knocking about, black mop of hair, same burgundy jumper and faded jeans,, proper tramp, always had a guitar with him though.
Dougie Thomas/James (RIP) and the soul train (knew his brother quite well, Barry, as him and our kid were good mates for many years, brilliant guitarist in his own right, big Blue too btw), Slaughter and the Dogs, and I remember a bloke I knew who’s brother had drummed for Echo and the Bunnymen, oh and Malcolm Pitt went on to be one of the best Lionel Ritchie tribute acts around if that counts, dirty red though.

Also later on, as mentioned, lived round the corner from The Blossoms pub when they used to play there, oh and Martin Fry of ABC was from Bramhall, there’s a shit load tbh, but those I remember from the top of my head.
Martin lived on my road until they moved to Sheffield, used to play football with him.

Stourbridge is where it’s at you Northern pansies…

And the singer bloke from some band called Led Zeppelin is a member of the tennis club round the corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.