Bands or artists from where you live or were born

Just three bands from the late 60-s/early 70-s from my hometown. In those days somehow The Hague delivered numerous bands.

I used to deliver the daily paper at the house where the Earrings’ singer lived. Great guy. Still is.

I shouted “more tits!!” at the local festival when Mud (ffs) was performing after Earth and Fire (or was it her) just gave a great show.

I had a huge poster in my bedroom of Mariska Veres. Unfortunately died in 2006, age 59. The lead singer I witnessed performing at a small gymnastic hall, the well known Vliegermolen that hosted numerous great band worldwide (Who, Eagles, Police, Roxy Music, Slade, Rod Stewart to name a few).

In 1976 I turned into a City fan and started to take an interest in the Manc scene. Still do. Not too bad either …

Lived in Swinton near some members of Happy Mondays. Used to see Shaun and a few mates walking to Town down the East Lancs.
James (Jimmy Glennie and Paul Gilbertson) formed from my high school in Northern Moor, Wythenshawe. And I was born up Moston Lane, where David Bowie once had an offie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.