Bands or artists to see before you or they die

Wouldve loved to have seen Thin Lizzy with Phil but sadly a little before my gig going years. Regret not seeing Bowie when had chance to.

McCartney no.1 for me, as an avid Beatles fan.

The Rolling Stones.

The Who.

Fleetwood Mac.

Dylan (is he still performing?)

Pink Floyd.

Paul Weller.
better catch Macca quick, i'v friends who have seen him last go round and they were not disappointed but hard to describe when someone is really so far past it, trying their best as a true pro but not quite getting there, that sort of thing.

Half of the Who are already dead. I saw them when only a quarter of them were

me too. 3 of Who and Kenny Jones.
i saw one of Genesis last night, Steve Hackett x3,
and I'v seen Genesis twice but after Steve and Peter left. Supertramp x2, Blue Oyster Cult
P.Floyd without Waters twice, Yes x4, ELPx2, Renaissance, Robert Plant x2, Tragically Hip x2,
Jethro Tull x2, Joe Satriani, Al Di Meola, King Crimson x3, Moody Blues x2, Ted Nugent.
Rush x2, John McLaughlin, Styx x2, Kansas, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Zappa, Santana,
shitloads more.
to see before I or they go would be Smiths, Talking Heads, Cure, or if 3/4 of Led Zep got back.
Peter Hammill, Marillion.

Last edited:
Even five years ago, last time I saw him, his voice had gone. And while's entitled to sing any songs he wants the audience didn't much like the ones he did.
I know the feeling, We went to a Yes concert couple years back, backed up by Todd Rundgren, and Todd only played one song that any one had heard before, he was playing this hyped up pop crap running around like Jagger, it was awful, No old hits, no Utopia tunes.
Then Yes came on and were very avg. playing a short puzzling set list with 1 song from each of the first ten albums with some not being close to what people wanted, but a good encore, except the sound was the shits all night. A lot of grumpy patrons leaving that one.

The Who would be top of my list. Saw Thin Lizzy twice at the Apollo in Manchester, they were brilliant.

My niece's husband worked at The Sage venue in Gateshead as an electrician for 8 years and has met loads of musicians. He said Deborah Harry was great, no edge to her and they chatted for quite a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.