Bands that sold out

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
B B

Ballet-on-ice

I was listening to radio 2 the other day and Ken Bruce played 'running in the family' by level 42 and I thought it was different from all their earlier stuff that I loved like love games, hot water, the sun comes down, and starlight. They sold out, pure and simple, they took on a different producer in order to move more units and were never same after that.

Who's your most disappointing sell out?

The Beatles. George Martin turned everything they did into sugary pop pap. Lennon, asked which tracks he would like to record anew replied : "all of them". There was a good band in there somewhere.
Yeah yeah yeah.

The Beatles. George Martin turned everything they did into sugary pop pap. Lennon, asked which tracks he would like to record anew replied : "all of them". There was a good band in there somewhere.
Yeah yeah yeah.
Down to taste this. I get what you say about George Martin and he made them a lot more 'produced', but I'd argue their early skiffle/R&R stuff was generally more 'pop' - not withstanding the obligatory ringo single of course. Possibly the only band besides the Smiths who's last album I enjoy - probably because they both split up before they went really shit. I often wonder what the next album after abbey rd would have been like, but if it would have been a mixture of Yoko era Lennon and Wings I'm glad it didn't happen.

3000 posts! - In your face @Blue Bruce . @karen7 I'm catching you up - last one to 100000 smells.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.