Bands Without Original Members

Daz_Blue

FLORIDA, USA, FORMALLY OF WOODHOUSE PARK MANCHESTE
Mate just seen Queen with Adam Lambert singing, I seen Queen with Freddie and I was asked to go, just could not do it as it is a crime IMO to see Queen without him ....I dont mind seeing some bands without originals but there are certain bands you cannot see without the original singers etc, IMO

What does everyone think ?

Would you see bands without original members ie someone else singing for The Smith's or Zep without Plant, The Who without Daltrey etc ?

The Pogues with Joe Strummer after they sacked macGowan were blindingly good.
Stones without Wyman didn’t miss a beat and post Gabriel Genesis were better.

With regards to the OP, I was at God's Little Acre on July 16th 1986, to witness the great man and his mates.
Fast forward about 15 years, and they reform with Paul Rodgers, who I rate highly. When it came out on DVD, I went straight to the shop to rent it out.
May appears from behind a curtain, and he starts playing the opening bars to Tie Your Mother Down (my fave song of theirs), and I'm into it. Rodgers opens his mouth....... NO. THIS IS WRONG!
I lasted two more songs.
Sad

Don’t know if are still going but Depeche Mode have/had a completely different line up from the original band

Seen From The Jam a dozen times no Weller but Russ is as good as long as Bruce is there it’ll do for me

Don’t know if are still going but Depeche Mode have/had a completely different line up from the original band

They were touring last year. They headlined The Vieilles Charrues Festival near me in Brittany in July.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.