Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

Bombo

wished I'd seen
The clash, the specials (putting that right in may), the jam and bob Marley

Did see
The smiths, the stone roses

This thread Is cos my uncle saw the above bands and I was jealous of him as I was too young at the time but lads younger than me are jealous that I saw the smiths and the roses
In their pomp who are the bands you'd wished you'd seen and didn't and who are the ledgendary ones you did?

Wish I had seen...

The Small Faces
The Who (at their peak - NOT NOW!)
The Specials

Did see (on 4 occassions and still best gigs ever) The Jam

Have a listen to this Bombo Lad

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUo8DIvO9yc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUo8DIvO9yc</a>

The best Manc band ever.

PS -Wish i'd seen Bob Marley too

wished i'd seen - the doors (i wasnt born)

have seen - pink floyd earls court '94. i was 18 first gig i ever went to blew me away.

Wished i'd seen The Clash and The Jam (although did see Weller on his comeback tour after the Style Council split and he did Town Called Mailce and Man in the Corner Shop - he was supported by Ocean Colour Scene too, about 4 years before Moseley Shoals), and somehow missed out on seeing The Smiths. Also turned down a ticket to see REM on the Life's Rich Pageant tour - they've gone off the boil in recent years, but that album is fucking brilliant.

Did see - Killing Joke, Chameleons, Chili Peppers (in socks on cocks and smeared in bright neon paint mode), Jesus and Mary Chain (all 5 mins of it).

One of the funniest gigs I ever saw was a bunch of LA Samoan rappers called the Boo Yaa Tribe (Boo Yaa - sound of a shotgun) and these fellas the size of fridge freezers proceeded to destroy the actual stage. They caused £1,000's pounds worth of damage and their tour was cancelled with immediate effect.

allblackcitizen said:
Wished i'd seen The Clash and The Jam (although did see Weller on his comeback tour after the Style Council split and he did Town Called Mailce and Man in the Corner Shop - he was supported by Ocean Colour Scene too, about 4 years before Moseley Shoals), and somehow missed out on seeing The Smiths. Also turned down a ticket to see REM on the Life's Rich Pageant tour - they've gone off the boil in recent years, but that album is fucking brilliant.

Did see - Killing Joke, Chameleons, Chili Peppers (in socks on cocks and smeared in bright neon paint mode), Jesus and Mary Chain (all 5 mins of it).

One of the funniest gigs I ever saw was a bunch of LA Samoan rappers called the Boo Yaa Tribe (Boo Yaa - sound of a shotgun) and these fellas the size of fridge freezers proceeded to destroy the actual stage. They caused £1,000's pounds worth of damage and their tour was cancelled with immediate effect.

top band. we used to practise next door to them in ashton. we used to go in there room for a beer and a smoke every week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.